Centre Registration Co-ordinator & PA
Centre Registration Co-ordinator & PA, Centre Quality and Compliance Unit, Customer Services,
Contract: Permanent and Part-time (18.25 hours per week)
Salary: £19,600 - £24,500 pro rata
Location: Cambridge - The Triangle
What it’s about
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to join the Centre Quality and Compliance Unit as a Centre Registration Co-ordinator & PA, based at our head office in the centre of Cambridge. This is a part time permanent role. The Centre Quality and Compliance Unit works closely with examination centres around the world, covering a range of activities including registering new centres, training and monitoring them.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Centre Registration Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Processing applications and registrations within tight deadlines, including liaising with other departments and keeping the customer informed
- Proactively dealing with customer queries from our worldwide base of customers
- Data entry and management of customer records
- Checking and processing claim forms
- Providing assistance to the Centre Registration Manager if required to help with their tasks
- Providing a Personal Assistant service to three Customer Services Assistant Directors and a Customer Services Group Manager
What we’re looking for
You will be organised, flexible and able to keep to tight deadlines under pressure and will enjoy working as part of a team while also taking responsibility for your own workload. You will be a highly motivated administrator, with excellent MS Office skills along with a working knowledge of using databases. You must be confident working in a busy environment, dealing with a global customer base, and be good at managing your own time. Excellent communication skills and customer focus are essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent
- Excellent IT literacy, especially MS Office
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to deal effectively with difficult situations in a calm manner, and to professionally manage customer expectations
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills – the ability to engage with a wide range of people working at different levels of the organisation and with key external contacts
- Strong organisational and planning skills, the ability to work under pressure on tasks with competing priorities and to tight deadlines
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions without reference to line manager.
- Experience of working directly with customers
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach when working with other departments across Cambridge Assessment.
- Openness to feedback and suggestions
- A calm and methodical worker able to work efficiently under pressure whilst dealing with frontline customers in sometimes very stressful situations.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 29 January 2019 and interviews will be held on 14 February 2019.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER