£Competitive + O/T + Shift premium (if applicable)
+ operational support payment
7:30 – 3:30 (Mon – Fri)
Our well-established client, with operations at many of the UK’s busiest ports, is seeking a time served Mechanical Engineer to join their well-established team. Ideally with a minimum of three years’ experience your primary function as the Mechanical Fitter will be to undertake planned maintenance, servicing and repair work on all port equipment such as trailers, gantry cranes, mobile harbour cranes and mobile plant including reach stackers and fork lift trucks.
Your Mechanical Engineering background may be as a Plant Engineer, Quarry Engineer, Field Service Engineer or perhaps you have worked with conveyors or loading shovels in which case your skills will be transferable. As a key member of the engineering team the role of Mechanical Engineer will assist in planning maintenance and servicing activities in line with statutory requirements and manufacturers specifications.
You will also be required to respond to breakdowns and failures using problem-solving techniques to return the equipment to service.
The company promote and encourage career advancement and offer a very competitive remuneration with the opportunity of overtime.
This is a great opportunity for a suitably qualified engineer to join an impressive organisation where full training will be given.
- Apprentice trained Maintenance Engineer, ideally with three years’ experience
- ONC in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Highly motivated and proactive approach to Health and Safety legislation
- Team player
- Experience of hydraulic systems, burning, welding and mobile plant electrics would also be desirable, training will be given wherever required
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and at heights
- Respond to breakdown and failure of all port equipment effectively and efficiently using problem solving techniques to ensure minimum downtime
- Maintain and service all port equipment in line with pre-planned maintenance and total preventative maintenance regimes
- Undertake all duties as directed by Team Leader and Engineering Superintendent within this multi-skilled, flexible working, environment
- Advise Team Leader on requirements for mechanical spares
- At all times adhere to the Company Health & Safety Policy
- Communicate effectively with all departments and external contractors
Apply for Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly