4 days left
- Full Time
Jon Thorner’s Ltd are looking to appoint a Butcher to join their fresh meat team, based at Pylle, Shepton Mallet. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate!
Jon Thorner’s is a family run business operating in partnership with Hunts Foodservice Ltd - Jon Thorner’s specialise in locally sourced meat and home-made products, supplying a range of customers from farm shops to schools and universities. Hunts Foodservice is a Food Wholesaler operating from eight sites across the South West.
Job Role & Responsibilities
This is a varied role, creating a fantastic opportunity to work in different areas and utilise your skills and experience:
3 x days per week will be spent in the Butchery, 2 x days per week will be spent on the Fresh Meat Butchery Counter in the Farm Shop.
The role of the Butcher will be responsible for completing the daily works order to a high standard ensuring that quality and pace are maintained:
- General butchery of beef, pork, lamb and other species.
- De-boning and trimming.
- Cutting meat as required.
Also... working within the Farm Shop on the Fresh Meat Counter to ensure that the counter is well stocked and presented, customers are well looked after, providing excellent customer service and advice to customers.
You will need to have:
- Excellent knife skills and understanding of butchery techniques.
- The ability to work as part of a team and under pressure at busy times.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to interact with customers of all types.
- A reasonable level of fitness as the job is ‘on its feet all day’.
- The ability to complete record sheets and paperwork.
- Basic English and Maths skills
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm (approximate hours - to be discussed further at interview stage)
There may also be the occasional requirement to work weekends to cover holiday/sickness.
Competitive Salary / Overtime Rates
Closing date: 23rd January 2019
Ideally we are looking for someone with at least 1 years’ experience of working in a Butchery.
Please send CV by clicking apply.
Apply for Butcher
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly