FCTM Applied Analytics Analyst
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Risk team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
This role is responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of models and methodologies for FCR Analytics risk measurement
In this role, you will:
- Work with project leaders in the review and improvement of the existing suite of models and methodologies, to support improvements to the systems and data infrastructure supporting deployment of the traded risk models
- Participate in projects aimed at aligning methodologies, governance and policies around the Group
- Keep abreast of regulatory requirements
- Have delivery responsibility of analytics for Risk & coverage, AML Scenarios, Contextual models, Event Triage Network analysis
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Good understanding of the business activities for a large global banking group with diverse operations from retail banking, wealth management, commercial banking, global banking, investments, transaction services, asset management, private banking and insurance
- Several years proven and progressive experience in financial services data analysis and/or application development; AML Compliance specific experience preferred
- Hands on experience of open source big data technology, especially graph theory and utilisation of Scala.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a numerate or computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings both to Compliance Colleagues and Business Heads
- Takes pride in working to a high standard, and thrives within a changing environment, showing initiative and drive
- Hands on data science programming experience using languages such as R, Python, Matlab or similar to analyse, transform and visualise big data;
- Strong Experience in SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle
- Proficiency in (Scala, JAVA, SQL), Open source technologies.
- Hadoop (Hive, Pig, Ambari, etc.), SPARK
- Advanced statistical methods/functions
- Supervised Learning: Regression Analysis, Generalized Linear Model, Decision Trees, SVM, etc.
- Experience in Google analytics, AWS
- Strong analytical skills with complex data type and format Clustering: K-means, Hierarchical clustering, etc.
- Datamodelling experience
- Experience in - integrated development environment (IDE).
- Machine Learning
- Experience in Functional programming
- Experience in any Visual Analytics tools and concepts eg SAS VA, Tableau, Qlikview, Platfora.
- Understanding business requirements and ability to convert these into positive systems changes
- A working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio and PowerPoint
- A flexible approach to working with the ability to travel to other entities within HSBC
- Ability to review processes and controls across the Business
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written) and ability to convey information in a way that is clear, succinct, and easily understood by non-analysts and senior executives
- Good understanding of payment activities for a large global banking group with diverse operations specially relating to AML, Payments, and Compliance.
- Excellent analytical skills with good eye for detail and ability to draw and support conclusions or anticipate outcomes from data trends or system documentation
- Be able to generate and maintain positive relationships within the team and across the business
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000C8QB
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.