Day Host / Concierge / Porter
Scarlet like to do things differently so we don’t have a formal ‘Concierge/Porter’. All of our team ‘host’ and the most diverse and interesting role at the Scarlet is our Day Host offering an exceptional customer experience to our guests, whilst supporting the Front of House Team and Food & Beverage Team.
Key responsibilities are:
- Front facing role in delivering the Scarlet signature ‘home from home’ experience, ensuring our guests feel well looked after as though in a friend's home.
- Concierge-style service by interacting with guests, ensuring they have everything they need and are making the most of the Scarlet and the local area.
- Looking after the Food and Beverage service around the Scarlet - serving tea, coffee, drinks and food - with a smile!
- Porter style duties such as helping with luggage and handling deliveries.
- Supporting the Front of House Team with check-ins and checkouts.
- Supporting the Housekeeping Team with clearing trays, moving laundry and maybe making the occasional bed!
The best applicant will have a natural passion for hospitality with a warm, friendly manner, be able to positively respond to customer feedback and complete tasks within a specified time. This is an active role so lots of energy is vital.
Excellent spoken and written English along with numeracy and the ability to use a computer
- £7.90 per hour (£8.10 after probation)
- Permanent contract 36-48 hours per week
- 2 days on / 2 days off shift pattern / 7am to 8pm
- 28 days holiday per year pro rata (29 after 1 year)
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Hotel tips
- Discounts on hotel services and products
- Many more perks!
After probation and for longer service:
- A free experience to stay in the hotel and eat in the restaurant
- Cashback plan for wellbeing
- Up to 3% company matched employee contribution to a pension scheme
Wish you were here? Please use the “apply” link to submit your CV.
As part of your application, please provide answers in your covering letter to these questions:
1. When was the last time you experienced exceptional Customer Service? What made this so great?
2. Describe the three most positive attributes of your character that you would bring to this role.
3. What would be your biggest challenge in this role?
4. What do you think the most important part of this role would be?
Direct applications only. You will need to confirm that you are eligible to live and work in the U.K.
Closing Date: Sunday 27 January 2019
Start Date: available immediately
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life