Finance Business Partner
2 days left
- Full Time
Finance Business Partner
Job Ref: 18 - 00240
Salary: GBP 30,348 – GBP 33,158
Location: South Bristol Skills Academy, Hengrove
Closing date: Tuesday 22 January 2019 (midnight)
Interview date: Thursday 31 January 2019
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Finance Business Partner. This position is full time, will be based at the SBSA and will be responsible for preparing, relevant, accurate and timely financial/business management advice and services to the Corporation, Senior Leadership Team and designated Service Areas and associated management teams. The position will also contribute to the production and monitoring of accurate management accounts.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
Being a Leader and a Business Partner
- produce and deliver the full requirements of management reporting outputs (revenue, expenditure and capital)
- provide financial and/business advice and guidance to College managers
- work in partnership with members of College management teams providing additional support and expertise when required
- ensure your work delivers (in conjunction with Functional Area and Faculty Managers) innovative income generation schemes
- assist and contribute to strategic planning in support of the College development plan and targets
- ensure cost control by reviewing payroll and non-pay costs and liaising with budget-holders on variances
- assist and contribute to business and operational planning in support of the College development plan and targets
- carry out projects or other cross-College initiatives or functions as directed by your line manager
- make an effective input into investment appraisals and planning submissions
- actively promote the College and its core values both internally and externally
- manage business relationships with partners and internal area ensuring all our service and quality requirements are fully understood and delivered
- work with your line manager to generate a positive and widely recognised image for Financial Services as a business partner to internal functional and faculty areas
- initiate and implement projects as directed by your line manager
Expert in Your Field
- keep up to date with the developments relevant to your job, the trends and national and local initiatives
- provide professional guidance and leadership to members of staff
- reflect critically on own work practices and how your own performance can be improved
- maintain and develop analytical skills in the planning, design, assessment and execution of projects
- attend training events, which relate to your role
- promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young persons and other vulnerable people for whom you are responsible and whom you come into contact with
- undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required of you commensurate with your general level of responsibility at your initial place of work or at another of the College’s sites
We are looking for someone with experience working in a finance team and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
Life at City of Bristol College:
Benefits City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 15.5 %
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please refer to our Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service for more information.
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
You will be directed to City of Bristol College’s career page where you will be required to complete an application form.
NO CVs – NO AGENCIES