Front of House Supervisor - maternity cover
The Scarlet Front of House Team do things a little differently, providing a unique guest experience with outstanding attention to detail in every telephone and email reservation, right the way to waving the final goodbye. The role of Front of House Supervisor (maternity cover) is to support and be responsible for the day to day delivery of both Reservations and Reception aspects of Front of House, supervise and develop the team assuring consistent attention to detail and deliver the warm Scarlet hospitality at all times.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support reception and reservations function
- Perfecting guest journey
- Room and rate management
- Overseeing responses for telephone calls and emails
- Upselling of all associated hotel services
- Managing guest feedback
- Assisting with team recruitment, training and development
- Rota planning
The best applicant will have hotel reservations or reception experience as well as sales experience. Also essential is a warm, friendly telephone manner, the ability to positively respond to customer feedback and a natural passion for hospitality.
Excellent verbal and written English, numeracy, computer literacy in Outlook, Word and Excel and the ability to learn how to use an in-house computer system.
- £18,500 per year (rising to £19,500 after probation)
- Temporary contract for 40 hours per week
- 28 days holiday per year pro rata
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Hotel tips
- Discounts on hotel services and products
- A free experience to stay in the hotel and eat in the restaurant
- Cashback scheme for wellbeing
- Many more perks
Wish you were here? Use the 'apply' link to send your CV.
As part of your application, please provide answers in your covering letter to these questions:
- What do you think the most important part and most important quality of being a Front of House Supervisor is?
- Looking at the job description, what would be your first and last priorities of the day?
- What skills and understanding have you got in writing a rota?
Direct applications only. You will need to confirm that you are eligible to live and work in the U.K.
Closing Date is Sunday 27 January 2019
Start date - available immediately
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life