Senior Business Analyst
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Risk team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
This individual will be part of the Financial Crime Risk Chief Data Office.
The key objectives of the FCR CDO are:
- Continue to drive delivery of current data milestones for the Global Standards and FCC programmes
- Ensure programme data quality measures are Embedded in an efficient and improved Financial Crime Risk BAU Data Quality and Data Governance organisation
- Embed value-added processes in the Global Businesses (GBs) and Functions (GFs) to enhance Client, Account, Reference and Transaction data management for Financial Crime Risk
- Produce data quality metrics for FCR and Global Businesses that can be used to improve data driven decision making, improved analytics and business outcomes
- Implement FCR Data Strategy ensuring alignment to Group Data Management Strategies on Data Quality, Governance, Reference Data, Golden Sources, Big Data etc
In this role, you will:
- Help drive requirements forward and to take on certain PM duties as and when required
- Perform analysis on one or more key development work streams
- Apply understanding of the current Financial Crime regulatory climate
- Build excellent working relationships with the business and user communities by creating and maintaining strong working relationships with senior business stakeholders globally. These relationships are key to the success of the project and the function
- Review and where required standardize the analysis of results from projects focused on data required by Compliance to execute Financial Crime Compliance processes eg KYC: AML Transaction Monitoring: Sanctions screening; providing QA for definitions; DQ requirements and rules; DQ metrics models and dashboards
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed reasoning and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and proven fast learner
- Resilient and tenacious in achieving required tasks
- Organised with the ability to work on multiple work streams
- Process oriented and structured approach
- Accountability - Takes ownership of tasks assigned to ultimate resolution
- Appetite, enthusiasm and desire to initiate change and execute strategy
- Cultivates a collaborative and cooperative attitude
- Experience in working with off-shore and global development and testing resources
- An appreciation and respect for local cultures, and ability to both influence and work effectively with them
- Ability to work flexibly and take responsibility for all areas of work as required
- Previous experience of projects in Banking, especially Compliance and Data Quality/Remediation projects
- Business engagement to be able to understand business objectives, their processes and performance measures
- Significant demonstrable previous experience as a QA analyst with particular exposure to data standards: definitions and quality requirements; DQ metrics and dashboards
- Subject matter knowledge of Financial Crime Compliance (KYC, Sanctions Screening, AML Transaction Monitoring)
- Good understanding of data structures and data mining techniques
- Detailed data analysis, including understanding and use of data models and data dictionaries
- Excellent analysis and design skills
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.