We are looking for two exceptional economists for a client in London who:
- possess strong leadership skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- are experienced in leading analysis to influence policy development, working with a range of analytical professions;
- are able to lead and inspire teams to deliver analysis in a high profile policy area in a way that delivers maximum impact;
- have a proven track record of managing change and delivering high quality work to exacting deadlines (at least two years' experience of this);
- have strong economic skills, particularly microeconomics, incentive design and ideally, an understanding of environmental economics;
- have a track record of building and strengthening relationships with policy customers and external partners, to ensure analysis is trusted and used effectively;
- can apply economic concepts to practical policy questions, and
- communicate technical concepts and evidence clearly and convincingly.
- 5 years' experience working in the public, private or third sector.
- At least a 2:1 degree and/or Masters degree in economics.
- Produce analysis and modelling to support advice on development of the payment methodology and rates.
- Produce analysis and modelling to inform the design of and provide insights on likely participation, costs and benefits, as well as distributional and unintended consequences.
- Options appraisal and economic advice to inform scheme design.
- Apply natural capital principles and environmental valuation in the context of policy.
- Specify the economic outcomes we need to monitor and evaluate to provide evidence on the impact of the project.
- Provide evidence and analysis to support future impact assessments and/or business cases for the project.