Hardware In The Loop Engineer
A Hardware In The Loop Engineer is required for a long term contract assignment based in Stevenage.
It is essential that candidates will have worked in the UK defence environment within the last 12 months.
- Primary role of the job is to conduct integration of software and hardware elements to build a HWIL simulation. The software is internally generated within Company/HWIL and Linux based with C and C++. The hardware is partly generated within HWIL department and partly real missile sub-systems from the wider parts of the company.
- The job will involve working in a laboratory environment, so needs to be somebody who is safe and willing to work 'hands-on' with equipment and software.
- We are not looking for a pure software or hardware/electronics engineer, but somebody who can appreciate and work a bit with both disciplines.
- A good level of 'systems' understanding would be highly beneficial as we will be integrating complex components of missiles and a complex test environment, so being able to appreciate the bigger 'what's happening' is important.
ESD training is mandatory. Manual handling and safe ability to work in a lab environment is also required. We will be happy to provide some 'on the job' training specific to our facility/environment and to adapt to our equipment/ways of working in the company, but we do not expect to be providing basic training and support in things like reading software code and being able to use an oscilloscope/multi meter.
- A working knowledge of Linux is essential.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information