In order to support and enable the effective management and administration of their operations and reserves in Gloucestershire, our client has a requirement to appoint to the post of Office & Reserves Administrator.
Reference number: A5040119
Location: Parkend, Gloucestershire
Salary starting at: £16,504 - £17,880 per annum pro rata
Hours: Part time, 7.5 hours per week
Our client is the UK's largest nature conservation charity, operating with a focus not only on the protection of birds but on creating and managing the spaces where all wildlife can live and thrive. Founded in 1889, they currently employ 1,300 people, are supported by 18,000 volunteers, possesses more than a million members and manage over 200 nature reserves nationwide.
The Administrator will be based at their office in Parkend, Gloucestershire. Working patterns can be negotiated. There may be times where lone working is required as well as occasional travel.
Reporting to the Gloucestershire Site Manager, this person will:
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Gloucestershire Site Manager, team, office and reserves so as to facilitate the delivery of work programmes and an effective working environment.
- Manage the administration and maintenance of financial processes, travel and accommodation, events, materials and equipment, diary bookings, fleet cars, etc so that staff and volunteers operate efficiently. This will also involve ensuring that systems and processes are maintained and up-to-date and that best practice is shared both locally and more widely across the organisation.
- Undertake the day-to-day co-ordination of the local office environment so as to ensure that the office is an efficient, effective and safe place to work.
- Act as a first point of contact for the office and manage telephone and face-to-face enquiries from staff, volunteers, visitors and the public so as to provide a welcoming reception to the these offices and sites.
- Build and maintain effective and professional relationships with all parties so that all contact is professional and the organisation is represented in a positive manner. This will include both internal (functional groups, colleagues in administrative roles, key support teams such as systems, finance, HR and other central services, etc) and external (members of the public, visitors, suppliers, contractors, etc) stakeholders.
- Encourage, develop and support volunteers in their work for the charity and assist the Site Manager in recruitment and induction activities that result in new staff being correctly and safely welcomed into the organisation.
- Support procurement, financial management and reporting processes. This will involve ensuring that financial information is accurate and well managed, that value for money is obtained from suppliers and that managers have access to accurate and current information, and assuming sign-off authority for expenditure (through purchase orders, for example).
- Assist in the management of business information and data held in the organisation's systems so that this information is available internally and externally in accordance with the their information management policies.
The successful applicant will possess experience of working in an office or customer care environment in an administrative role. This will include knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and other similar software, an understanding of budget management terminology and processes, and the ability to manage diaries, meetings, events and other forms of project. Working as part of a small team, the successful applicant will also be proactive, flexible, highly organised and able to prioritise, will possess strong time management skills, and will be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences by telephone, email and in person.
Closing date: 10 February 2019
Interview date: 19 February 2019
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application.
This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. You will be asked to declare unspent convictions and cautions at offer of employment stage.
When you make your application please ensure that you include reference number A5040119 on any correspondence.
No agencies please.