Pursuits & Proposals Manager - Scotland (6m Maternity Cover)
Who we're looking for
Are you an established and motivated bid specialist? Do you have the confidence to challenge thinking, to advise and draw on your commercial outlook to contribute to win strategies? Can you share your experience of coaching people, helping to improve their approach and confidence to engage with our target clients? Join PwC.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of supporting the full bid cycle and will be confident in strategically leading and advising bid teams. They will also have experience of working closely with bid drivers, helping and supporting on the successful completion of proposals and meeting deadlines.
You should have experience of attending and contributing to kick-off/strategy meetings and proposition development, advising on messaging and content of proposal documents including design and production. As well as, planning and coaching on presentation preparation and rehearsals, and support and guidance on post decision reviews.
An understanding of the professional services environment as well as having client facing experience is important.
About the role
The role is part of the Pursuits & Proposals team and sits in the firm's Midlands Sales and Marketing team. Sales & Marketing is a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm's market strategy and in particular to ensure:
- We innovate every day
- We are inclusive by default
- We deliver commercial impact with purpose
- We tell stories that inspire
This exciting role provides the opportunity to work directly with and coach senior partners and to work with a diverse range of client teams to provide guidance, advice and support. A focus of the role is to ensure that the firm is bidding for the right opportunities and when we do that our proposals are best in class.
That includes ensuring proposals are persuasive, successfully differentiate PwC from the competition and that we always deliver the best of PwC. A key part of the role will be advising teams, editing and reviewing proposal documents, working on presentation preparation and identifying creative ways to communicate messages to our clients so that we can continually improve what we do and win more work.
The successful individual will also need to build relationships with senior management, the business and account teams on individual proposals.
Key areas of responsibility may include:
- Expert advice and proposal support from start to finish
- Working closely with Partners and Business Unit Leaders to develop our sales culture
- Supporting and advising account teams in all aspects of proposal development and management
- Proactive innovation and creativity to deliver proposals in different ways
- Conducting post decision reviews with clients
- Working closely with the other members of the proposal community, this role requires development of strong relationships across the firm
- Coaching, training and developing stakeholders at all levels
- Proactively seeking new methodologies, tools and innovations to deliver proposals in different ways.
- Experience in a proposals or business development role in a professional services environment or other similar blue chip organisation
- Excellent influencing, strong communication and facilitation skills in order to be credible and be able to challenge management and senior stakeholders
- Ability to build and manage relationships at a senior level, as you will be required to change and influence senior stakeholders
- A proactive 'can-do approach' is vital, self-starter mentality with sound commercial understanding
- Experience of drafting and reviewing written communications to deliver specific messages within tight deadlines
- Proven track record of proposal management and bid advice
- The drive to deliver excellent client service through the proposal process
Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow base, but travel to both sites as well as Aberdeen is required on occasion
Flexible working? Yes, from home on occassion