New Formats and Platforms Video And Audio Producer
Location - This position is not limited to a certain location, and the successful candidate can be based in any of our UK offices
Always got your headphones on listening to podcasts? Think you've got what it takes to ensure our regional brands are in the audio-space with our listeners? Then read, or listen on...
Reach PLC is looking for a Podcast Producer to work across our rapidly growing network of podcasts and audio products, and also launch new ones.
You'll work closely with our editorial teams across the UK to ensure we're producing high-quality podcasts and also with our commercial teams to look at opportunities for creating new revenue streams.
In this role, you'll also utilise the ability of social media networks to create video and audio clips for monetisation across our network.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Working closely with the Podcast Producer on the network's podcasts and commercial opportunities
- Editing and training of editing skills in audio
- Providing consistent and regular stats on how the network's podcasts are performing, to newsrooms and at a higher level to editors and central team
- Co-ordinating group-wide podcasts, particularly in non-sport based content areas
- Regular reporting of social video trends across monetisable platforms, content themes and commercial successes
- Working with the Head of Audience Engagement to ensure social video aligns with the company's social media strategy
- Identifying commercial opportunities across social video
- Regular reporting and sharing of video best practice
- Working with central and regional editorial colleagues on video training
- Exploring new social video platforms which may be in incubation stage for video monetisation
- Supporting any proof-of-concepts with the product team around video
- Maintaining relationships across video, editorial and commercial teams
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of IPSO and editorial conduct issues
The Ideal Candidate
We're looking for someone who has a passion for telling stories through audio and video. You'll be a social media native, knowing what's hot and what's not too. You may have launched your own podcasts, or helped to record and promote them in the past. You will know what makes people want to listen for longer than 30-seconds. A competent audio and video editor, you'll be adept at picking out the most interesting lines that will engage an audience across multiple platforms.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.