Business Development Manager
Our client is a leading national vending and coffee service provider, and they have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join their expanding team in the Chelmsford area.
Working as part of the Sales Team, this role is responsible for delivering high quality new business revenues at acceptable margins within the allocated Essex region so that you can meet and exceed your annual targets.
Previous sales experience in the HoReCa / coffee / vending / catering industries would be beneficial but is not essential, as full training in this industry can be provided. The target customers for the Business Development Manager will be professional businesses such as offices, hotels, hospitals, gyms, etc.
The role requires:
- Proactive development of new business opportunities
- Working effectively to develop long-term strategic alliances that deliver bottom line profit
- Development, maintenance and growth of a robust sales pipeline
- Effective management of large-scale contract negotiations and closing new business with potential customers
- Develop an executive sales plan to meet or exceed sales goals
The right person for this role will be confident and will have the ability to work on their own within a sales environment. They will need to:
- Be a trained and experienced sales professional
- Have strong organisational skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to improve performance through gathering and analysing information
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a strong team player, demonstrating ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally and with customers
You will be working within the sales team yet responsible for your own results. The role involves approaching businesses that may not have heard about the company. As you grow in the role, you will also be expected to source your own leads and use your initiative in identifying the best people to approach.
In return, you will be offered a competitive basic salary ranging from GBP35k to GBP40k depending on experience, with the ability to earn generous uncapped commission, as well as a company car. Company benefits include: holiday allowance, Profit Share Scheme, Company Gym, BBQ Breakfast when targets are met and a full training programme to ease you into the role.
If you are an experienced Business Development Manager in the Chelmsford, Essex area, please submit your CV now for consideration for this exciting role.