Purchasing Assistant / Procurement Administrator
Job Title: Purchasing Assistant (Manufacturing Experience)
Location: West Malling, Kent
Salary: Negotiable, depending on Experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company specialises in the design, manufacture and installation of integrated, future-proofed mezzanine flooring solutions for major logistics and manufacturing centres in the UK and across Europe. Their services maximise space and help optimise storage, warehousing & distribution and production processes for today's evolving businesses.
The company has an exciting opportunity for someone with purchasing or buying experience to join their fast-growing structural engineering company, specialising in steel mezzanine flooring, to work within the purchasing and supply chain management team as a Purchasing Assistant.
- To make purchasing decisions that are cost effective and within budget
- To proactively manage project throughput including advising of project start dates and liaise with the contracts department regarding deliveries
- To proactively purchase long lead time components to avoid delays
- To check next day deliveries and collections to identify delays
- To work with the Group Procurement Manager to prevent fabricator overload
- To work collaboratively with suppliers
- To visit Fabricators to check outgoing products when required
- Assist with accurate quotation of projects to support the business needs
- GCSE's with at least a C grade in English and Maths or equivalent
- Fluent German and English speaker
- Knowledge of, or experience working within the structural steel fabrication industry or steel industry would be ideal but not essential
- Strong project management skills, particularly planning, scheduling and controlling
- Good financial awareness
- Excellent IT skills especially in Outlook and MS Office
- Excellent numeracy skills
- A CIPS certification is desirable
In return you will be a part of a global enterprise who pride themselves on prioritising the development and advancement of their employees. Along with a competitive salary, you can expect a generous bonus scheme, company contributory pension scheme, paid holiday allowance including additional holiday for Christmas, a substantial reward and recognition scheme and the opportunity to be exposed to working within a global work environment.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Procurement Officer, Procurement Advisor, Purchaser, Purchasing, Procurement Administrator, Procurement Executive, Procurement Operations, Assistant Procurement Executive, Procurement Admin, Purchasing Assistant, Assistant Buyer, Office Assistant, Office Admin, Procurement Assistant, Senior Administrator, Office Administrator will be considered for this role.
Apply for Purchasing Assistant / Procurement Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly