7 days left
- Part Time
Contract | 6 months FTC (may become permanent)
Department | Housing Management
Reports to | Neighbourhood Officer
Salary | £20,500-£22,500
Hours | 25 hours (Monday to Friday)
Location | London (Lewisham)
Closing Date| 24thJanuary 2018
An experienced Caretaker is required to join our Neighbourhood Services Team. You will be responsible for the upkeep and estate services in communal areas for a designated patch of Housing for Women’s properties. You will ensure our residents have a clean, safe, secure and attractive place to live by providing an effective cleaning and grounds maintenance service on one of our estates.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Conduct regular cleaning of and maintain the cleanliness of the hallways, stairwells, basements, bin areas and the surrounding area of two buildings.
- Provide excellent customer service to all residents
- Reporting incidents of fly tipping and all Anti-Social Behaviour to the Neighbourhood Officer.
- To ensure the health and safety inspections are carried out, recorded and reported to the Head of Repairs.
- Take regular meter readings of landlord’s supply meters and give accurate readings to utility companies as required.
- Liaising directly with and responding to queries raised by residents and contractors.
- Carrying out minor repairs
Our tenants are some of the most deprived and therefore we require someone who will genuinely care about them. In essence, we are looking for a responsible and trustworthy person who will help us make these properties become homes.
You must be a good communicator and be willing to learn new skills as the service adapts to the changing needs of the neighbourhood. You will often work alone and therefore need to be able to use own initiative and be self-motivated to organise your time effectively.
Housing for Women is an independent organisation and we support women in London to challenge the inequalities they face. As a charity and a registered housing association, we are proud to have housed London’s women for 80 years; providing secure, affordable housing and related services to help them make the most of the opportunities they have.
This is a pilot scheme. Therefore, although the role is initially a 6 month fixed term contract, there is a possibility it will become a permanent position.
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
You will be directed to Housing for Women’s career page where you will be required to complete an application form.
NO CVs – NO AGENCIES