Marketing Account Manager
Marketing Account Manager
Colchester / Basildon
Job purpose and main objectives:
- Working as part of the Advertising Sales team,
- B2B sales via telephone to existing and prospective clients to book appointments, for sale of both digital and print products
- Sell and maximise advertisement revenue from a given category and/or territory, by maintaining and increasing business from existing customers and development of new clients.
- Maintains a high standard of customer relations,
- Plan, create and carry out key direct sales presentations in order to develop, build and maintain relationships to obtain cross region multi-media campaigns, increase revenue from identified key accounts in addition to non-traditional/print businesses in accordance with agreed business plans.
- Consistently develop own knowledge of the media market, product portfolio(s),
- Maintains motivation and focus when under pressure
- Leads by example to team members, and supports all new colleagues. Provide feedback to colleagues when requested, and provide coaching to other team members as required
- To support Team Manager in the creation and analysis of reports, when required
- To take personal responsibility to make updates to team documents and/or media packs
- Provide daily support to the Advertising Manager i.e. reports, complex customer issues, supervision of team etc.
- Strong sales experience from within a B2B environment/Media/Publishing
- Able to supervise and/or manage a team in the absence of the Advertising Manager
- To actively accept responsibility for the development of a territory/category and the implementation of new ideas to generate revenue.
- Advanced client territory mapping - plan and cover the territory/category in an effective and organised manner, to maximise customer contact to maintain and develop existing and new business.
- Effectively canvasses new business opportunities on a daily basis, adhering to group minimal call standards / KPI's and exceeds these
- Effectively sell the benefits of planned advertising, campaigns and other related services for the customer to best utilise and enhance revenue opportunity in a professional manner
- To develop plan and sell advertisement features.
- Assist customers or other team members by advising on copy writing, copy presentation, advertisement design and campaign planning. All advertisements will be of the highest standard.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of local market(s), changes and competitors, market statistics and changes
- To inform other departments or sections of changes which may have an impact on them.
- Administrative; accurately maintain customer records, marketing information, training notes and any additional information that may be required.
- Maintain a strong level of time management with weekly plans, business development calls, campaigns and customer requirements
- Experience of a sales system or CRM system
- High quality level of customer service experience
- Strong administration ability and high attention to detail
- Strong problem solving ability
- Effective communicator in all aspects