Company/Commercial Lawyer - Full or Part Time
The position may be either full or part-time, minimum 22.5 hours/week
About our client
Our client is a group which operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors.
One subsidiary within the group produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through their scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve their products and services.
A second subsidiary is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
The third subsidiary is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services, methodologies and technologies in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and clinical/diagnostics sectors.
The Group now includes over 250 people with a leading edge turnover greater than £190 million.
Our client is currently recruiting an in-house lawyer, solicitor or paralegal with contract and company secretary experience within a commercial environment who can ensure that they continue to deliver an exceptional service.
The successful candidate should be educated to degree level or have equivalent industry experience with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Commercial environment or 2 PQE with operating as a Commercial Lawyer. Experience of working within the pharmaceutical/healthcare environment would be desirable but not essential.
They are looking for a motivated lawyer with excellent technical and negotiation skills and an understanding of the importance of customer care. Taking a practical “common sense” approach, you will need to demonstrate sound commercial and legal judgement and adapt to meet the needs of the business.
What you will do
You will be responsible for commercial legal matters in the business and advise on best practice.
This will include:
- Ensure compliant corporate governance is in place and commensurate with the size and risk profile of the business;
- Provide advice to the business during the creation of formal RFIs/RFP/proposal responses including technical and commercial terms;
- Review contractual content and tailor/write/author parts of proposal/RFI/RFPs where necessary;
- Acts as main interface and subject matter expert to key stakeholders for all contractual related activities;
- Provide legal input into risks;
- Contribute to the development of the technical, commercial and financial solution to products and services;
- Perform all company secretarial duties across the group; e.g. attend and minute meetings, Companies House filings; maintaining the books;
- Advise on due diligence for merger and acquisition transactions;
- Interface with specialist external firms where required, e.g. litigation, IP, Property, etc.;
In return they offer rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive Salary (dependent on experience and skills)
- 21 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday. Increasing with service
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company Laptop/Phone
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
They’ve recently invested in a new, multi-million pound manufacturing facility in Corsham, Wiltshire – offering an unrivalled opportunity in a successful and expanding company with a great team spirit which is well placed to capitalise on its successful track record to date.
Nestled in the heart of the West Country with easy access to the World Heritage City of Bath, and with great transport links to London and private education you can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that also has a zero-carbon status. Commit to excellence, join their team “Where patients come first”.
Please apply with a covering letter and your CV.
Closing date for applications is – Sunday 20th January 2019. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 29th January 2019. You will be contracted by Monday 21st January 2019 if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
Apply for Company/Commercial Lawyer - Full or Part Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly