Inspection Team Leader
Inspection Team Leader
Salary | £26,457
Closing Date | TBC
This position offers the opportunity to join an established business and a growing department taking responsibility for the safe, efficient and effective management of the inspection team and manufacturing processes whilst providing support to the Production/Quality Manager.
Additionally, you will contribute to achieving the department and business goals by ensuring plan fulfilment to the agreed production plan (including costs and quality standards), managing the teams attendance to the company’s required standards, managing the team in all aspects of health and safety and mentoring the team to drive a strong culture of continuous improvement.
The successful candidate should have:
- Previous inspection experience in a manufacturing environment working shifts.
- Good colour perception and able to identify visual faults.
- Ability to competently undertake people management, attendance management and performance management tasks and processes.
- A record of improving individual and/or team performance.
- Extensive experience and an understanding of Health and Safety including risk assessment.
- A working knowledge and understanding of ‘lean’ manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Conversant with Microsoft software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to organise and manage labour deployment between departments to maximise efficiencies.
- Be flexible with your hours of work to ensure the business needs are met.
- Be a confident communicator; both written and verbal.
- Educated to SVQ/NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
- Actively manage and promote all aspects of health and safety associated with the production processes to both the company standard and current legislation including HASAWA 1974.
- Ensuring that flooring printed product quality meets the internal standards and where is does not, via liaison with production team leaders, agree and make alterations to improve quality and yield.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures, risk assessment and COSHH assessments for all tasks carried out within your area of responsibility.
- Communicate across department boundaries and work with colleagues including planning, quality and operations to agree production plans and targets ensuring plan fulfilment.
- Ensure compliance with the company quality and environmental systems and procedures within your area of responsibility for both products and processes.
- Report regularly to the production manager on the operational effectiveness of the department including the preparation and analysis of OEE, KPI and yield data and input on investment plan.
- Manage raw material and consumable stocks within the department entering usage figures onto the computerised stock system (Mfg-Pro / SAP).
- Mentor and develop your team to drive a strong culture of continuous improvement, manage and complete CI projects, the department training plan and maintain individual records for all staff.
- Undertake shift briefings, performance appraisals, participate in recruitment, complete return to work interviews and hold first line disciplinary hearings as required.
Please forward your cover letter along with a current CV by clicking on the APPLY LINK directing you to the Sarah McMasters, HR Office, Ripley. You can also email your application to email@example.com .
A full job description is available from HR.
Apply for Inspection Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly