Specialist Support Worker
Specialist Support Worker
Would you enjoy caring for a 12-year-old young man with a cheeky sense of humour and a smile that lights up the room?
There is an opportunity to join an enthusiastic and skilled team providing the highest standards of care to ensure our young man remain healthy and happy.
Having suffered a severe brain injury, aged 2, he needs assistance with all activities of daily living. He always has two support workers with him, many of whom were inexperienced in delivering clinical nursing care prior to joining the team.
There is a wealth of excellent experience, training and support within the team and the package manager provides regular team training from appropriate outside agencies.
Our gentleman likes to go to school, loves swimming and hot-tubs, going to the cinema, audio books and cookery programmes on TV. He enjoys being outside particularly amongst nature.
The ideal candidate needs to be:
- Easy going, upbeat and enthusiastic and love being with children.
- Have lots of energy and willingness to learn.
- Enjoy working as part of a dynamic and lively team.
- Have high standards of personal hygiene.
- A desire to develop clinical nursing skills, knowledge and understanding to care for this young boy.
- Be calm and collected.
- Have a sense of humour and fun.
- Be able to respond to situations without panicking.
- Be patient and conscientious with attention to detail and desire to maintain high standards.
- Be able to work 12.5 hr shifts days, waking nights, weekends and bank holidays
- Drive a mobility vehicle
This is a unique opportunity to work in a family-led support package
The posts primary location is within the family home and as such candidates need to be aware of and respectful of boundaries. Being respectful of mum’s views and opinions is paramount. You will report directly to the young boy's mother who is also manager of his package of supports.
Ideally you will be available for a full-time position although a part-time position may also be considered for the right individual.
The position is based within the family home and in the wider community. There will be occasions whereby it is necessary to travel to alternative locations such as hospital appointments, day trips or holidays.
NVQ 2 qualification is desirable, but consideration will also be given to applicants without previous experience of care. Full specialist care training is provided.
Benefits: In return for your expertise and commitment, you will be rewarded with:-
- An extremely attractive salary and a very varied and exciting role.
- The position is based within the family home and in the wider community. There will be occasions whereby it is necessary to travel to alternative locations such as day trips or to facilitate holidays.
- You will receive personalised support as a worker through supervision, team development activities and extensive high-quality training. Ideally you will be available for a full-time position although a part-time position may also be considered for the right individual.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £19,500.00 to £21,937.50 /year
Please send your CV to apply.
Apply for Specialist Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly