Financial Accountant - Overheads Lead
Financial Accountant - Overheads Lead
Contract: Full time/Permanent
Location: Scunthorpe (Office based)
Salary: Up to GBP40,000
Reports to: Financial Controller
Nisa is an award-winning group which helps independent retailers flourish in the retail market by distributing quality and competitive food at scale. Our ethos is to support communities around the UK, by helping independent retailers make a true difference to their local area.
We are looking for a Financial Accountant - Overheads Lead to drive the effective management of the business's GBP40m overhead base. The Financial accountant will work closely with the senior leadership and department managers to ensure the resources of the NISA business are most effectively deployed to achieve operating budgets and the 4 year strategic plan.
You will also be responsible for the generation of high quality, accurate and timely reports - this will include monthly overhead reports, weekly KPI reports and monthly P&Ls.
As a senior member of the finance team the Financial Accountant will be expected to cover the work of the Assistant Financial Controller when necessary.
Key Result Areas:
* Production of insightful overhead reports which facilitate decision making and highlight areas in which improvements can be made.
* Lead the overhead annual budget setting and forecasting process.
* Track actual overhead spend against budgets and forecasts, assisting cost centre owners in achieving their targets.
* Working closely with the marketing function assist with the evaluation of proposed marketing spend, this will include the provision of robust business cases to assess the financial benefit of activity proposed.
* Perform post promotion evaluation against business case targets.
* Track actual, committed and uncommitted marketing spend against annual budgets and forecasts.
* Identify all key spend items and working with the business drive cost savings.
* Answer queries and address issues raised by CC budget holders
* Support and implement continuous improvement initiatives e.g. process standardisation and business efficiencies, with the aim to improve service, lower cost and strengthen controls.
* Provide cover for the Assistant Financial controller as required.
* Assist in the adoption and reporting under International Financial Reporting Standards.
* Ensure high quality, timely reporting for group, management and statutory purposes.
* Performance of ad-hoc analysis to support the Financial Controller and Finance Director.
* Perform other ad-hoc tasks as necessary.
* Industry experience or experience in practise of working with large and complex organisations.
* Excellent analytical skills (inc.Excel), able to work with large volumes of data, business modelling & dashboard development an advantage.
* Good overall IT skills and systems knowledge.
Specific Areas of Work:
* Prepare and distribute monthly overheads reports
* Perform monthly overhead reviews with the senior leadership team and department managers.
* At period end perform rigorous overhead reviews and analysis ensuring any adjustments required are correctly accounted for as advised by CC Owners and or senior members of the finance team.
* Generate weekly KPI reports, monthly P&L and management account reports.
* Assist with the provision of data to external and internal auditors and possess strong financial controls knowledge, using this to maintain the integrity of the financial information in the accounts.
* Monthly CAPEX reporting, budgeting, forecasting and evaluation.
Job Skills and Competencies:
* Accountant by relevant qualification (ACCA/CIMA/QBE etc)
* Good technical, database and numeracy skills.
* Good interpersonal skills & ability to promote cost ownership at all levels, including working with operational colleagues.
* Proactive self-starter able to work under own initiative.
* Confident communicator who is happy to challenge the status quo.
* Effective problem solving & creative thinking, with a value-add outlook.
* Comfortable in dealing with a large and varied workload with an eye for detail
* Design & development of business reporting.
* Ability to communicate at all levels & demystify complex cost models.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & meet tight deadlines
* Ability to maintain and develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
This Job Description describes key areas of the post but is not exhaustive. The Job Description is subject to review and amendment in line with the needs of the business.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, if we have not contacted you regarding this vacancy within 4 weeks of applying please assume you have not been successful.
In order to apply for this role, please click 'Apply' to continue your application. Please ensure you include details of your current remuneration package.