Pensioner Payroll Control Officer / Payroll Officer - Pensions
Job Title: Pensioner Payroll Control Officer
Position: Full Time, Permanent
- Supporting the Pensioner Payroll Team Leader; working within a small team dealing with Pensioner Payroll and Financial Control, providing a monthly pensioner payroll and ad hoc payments service in respect of the pension schemes administered by the Company.
- Specifically to ensure that monthly pension payments to approximately 150,000+ pensioners are made accurately and on time.
- Processing monthly pensioner payrolls and ad hoc payments, including scheduling of events, production and resolution of pre-processing reports, running of gross to net routines, administration of third party payments, reconciliation and payment of tax by the statutory date within the month, maintenance of appropriate control records, clearance of BACS reports and file submissions, and month end clear down.
- Completion of year end processes including HMRC requirements and pensions increase routines
- Supporting the Pensioner Payroll Team Leader ensuring that adequate payroll control procedures exist for reconciliation to financial ledgers, BACS transmission, yearend and year start and ensuring that HMRC timescales are achieved.
- To process bulk inputs and outputs to pensioner payrolls
- To undertake key projects from time to time as appropriate to the role.
- To liaise with the external software provider, internal IT contacts, HMRC, clients and other third parties relevant to pensioner payroll and ad hoc payment systems.
- To maintain an excellent understanding of the regulations and legislation relevant to payroll, in particular to have an excellent knowledge of HMRC requirements.
- To maintain an excellent understanding of the regulations and legislation relevant to pensions administration specifically as they relate to pensioner payroll and payments systems
- To be responsible for own workload ensuring payroll and ad hoc payments deadlines are met
- To undertake other financial duties for example running reports and raising invoices for the cost of early retirement
- To support service provision as appropriate undertaking other duties commensurate with the post, including preparing and presenting reports as appropriate to the role, and attending and assisting service led events.
- To treat information security with the upmost respect, dealing appropriately with sensitive and confidential information within appropriate protocol/guidelines
- Significant practical experience in a pensioner payroll role
- Understanding of financial ledger systems
- Proven ability to process payrolls, working accurately and to payroll deadlines
- Proven ability to work effectively on own initiative as well as being an effective team player, promoting positive behaviour and attitudes, working flexibly, whilst at all times developing and maintaining good working relationship within the team and the service as a whole.
- Proven ability to undertake detailed mathematical calculations accurately.
- Demonstrable ability to plan workload, ensure deadlines are met and cope with a pressurised workload.
- Excellent working knowledge of legislation, regulation, conditions, software, systems and processes relevant to pension payroll and pension administration.
- Ability to use Excel at an advanced level, including the ability to use macros and pivot tables
- Commitment to providing a good customer service at all times.
- Good statistical and analytical skills, including good report writing skills.
- Maintain an understanding and actively support LPP's equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives, including maintaining an understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda and embedding good practice.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
- A recognised pension administration or payroll qualification (or working towards) would be desirable.
Reasonable adjustment will be made to working arrangements to accommodate a person with a disability who otherwise would be prevented from undertaking the work.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Please note that as part of the recruitment process, candidates may be invited to complete both ability and psychometric assessments and will receive feedback.
Candidates with the relevant experience, qualifications, and job titles of; Pensions Payroll Supervisor, Deputy Payroll Manager, Assistant Payroll Manager, Accounts Clerk, Payroll, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Financial Administrator, Pensions Payroll Executive, Payroll Assistant, Pensions Payroll Manager, Payroll Coordinator, Payroll Officer, Pensioner Payroll Team Leader, Senior Payroll Clerk may also be considered for this position.
Apply for Pensioner Payroll Control Officer / Payroll Officer - Pensions
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly