Explainer / Exhibition Assistant / Visitor Services
Job Title: Explainer (Exhibition Assistant)
Location: Kensington Palace
Salary: £11 per hour £21,843 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 21st January 2019
The Company is the charity responsible for the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, Kensington Palace, Kew Palace, Banqueting House and Hillsborough Castle in Northern Ireland. They help everyone explore the stories of how monarchs and people helped shape society in some of the greatest palaces ever built.
As one of Kensington Palace's Explainers you will help visitors explore the story of how monarchs and people have shaped society, in one of the greatest palaces ever built.
Your main role will be welcoming their many visitors. You will help to ensure that every customer feels delighted by their contact with staff and the personal experience they receive. Through this proactive, engaging and outgoing role, you will bring the palace to life by sharing fascinating (factual!) stories about the palace and its residents. You will also be responsible for maintaining the security of the palace and its collections.
- To provide the highest level of customer care and welcome for all visitors and guests
- To tell the stories of Kensington Palace through a proactive, engaging and outgoing role of Explainer
- To proactively engage with all visitors and groups utilising a range of performance techniques including storytelling, talks, handling collections, theatrical role playing and tours
- To maintain the security of the palace and its collections
- Face to face customer service experience and the ability to deliver great service in a proactive and enthusiastic way
- A passion for working with people and a positive, can do attitude
- Great communication skills with a flair for storytelling
- The confidence to proactively engage with all their visitors and to deliver talks and tours of the Palace
- GCSEs (or equivalent)
- A basic knowledge of British history and language skills would be desirable
- 36 hours per week working 5 days per week on a rolling 3 week roster pattern that will include some weekends and bank holidays
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and truly values a diverse workforce. Applications are welcome from candidates regardless of their background.
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be redirected to the company's website where you can submit your CV.
Candidates with experience of: Event Support, Exhibition Support, Visitors Centre Assistant, Exhibition Assistant, Customer Care, Customer Service, Customer Care Team, Admissions, Admissions Supervisor, Historic, Customer Service, Heritage Assistant, Customer Support, Customer Service Assistant, Exhibition Operations Assistant may also be considered for this role