Multi Skilled Maintenance Operative
Job Title: Multi Skilled Maintenance Operative
Location: Cromer, Norfolk
Salary: £19,446 - £21,074 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing date: 9am on Friday 18th January 2019
Interview date: Thursday 24th January 2019
The Council is looking for a 'hands on' multi skilled operative to join our busy property services team undertaking all the programmed improvements and general maintenance works, such as carpentry, plumbing, painting and minor building works on all our council owned buildings and assets.
To provide support and assistance to the Communications team on a day to day basis which allows, through a programme of training and learning, the post holder to acquire the knowledge, skills and understanding necessary to fully perform the role of a Media and Communications Officer.
- To undertake a wide range of multi skilled maintenance tasks, including plumbing, carpentry, and general maintenance and construction for NNDC assets within a scheduled programmed time. Completing them to a high specification standard.
- To maintain records of work/job sheets completed and communicate effectively on any potential issues regarding the works completed to the Property Services Team Leader/ Project Support Officer.
- Ability to manage a busy workload and schedule the work priorities to meet the requirements of the programmed works.
- To provide out of hours cover as requested by the out of hours' service or Property Service Programme Manager.
- Ability to work with the Maintenance Team when required, assisting on ad hoc advents, such as high profile media campaigns.
- To undertake relief caretaker cover, such as opening and closing, setting the alarms on council's buildings as and when required.
- To take responsibility for your own Health & Safety at work and that of the other persons who may be affected by your actions.
- Any undertake other work required and as directed within the confines of the existing grading and post.
- Have relevant experience within a carpentry or plumbing background
- Have previously worked as a multi skilled trades person
- Ability to manage works programme and work unsupervised
- Have completed a relevant apprenticeship or hold a minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in the relevant trade
- Hold a CSCS Card
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent problem- solving ability
The post will work on a two-week rotational shift pattern, (Week 1: Monday - Friday 08:00am -16: 00pm & Week 2: Tuesday - Saturday 08:00am - 16:00pm).
To apply for the role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
The Council is committed to equality and diversity in employment and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
They offer employees a friendly working environment, flexible working hours, a career average pension scheme and take pride in achieving Investors in People Gold standard.
Candidates with experience of: Multi-Skilled Operator, Maintenance Operator, Facilities Operator, Facilities Coordinator, Facilities Advisor, Facilities Consultant, Facilities Assistant, Facilities Administrator, Facilities Management Coordinator, Facilities Officer, Facilities Maintenance, Property Services Coordinator, Building Services Coordinator, Building Services Operator, General Maintenance Operator, General Maintenance Coordinator, General Maintenance Operator, Site Coordinator may also be considered for this role.