Senior Customer Support Manager
Senior Customer Support Manager
Salary: £37,600 - £52,600
Location: Cambridge - The Triangle
What it’s about
The Customer Support team is responsible for providing outstanding levels of service to all of Cambridge English’s customers including exam centres, recognising organizations and candidates. We operate 24/7 to ensure our customers receive support when they need it.
We are now looking for an experienced support professional to join the department as Senior Customer Support Manager and to oversee the provision of support for the software systems and websites (around 20 in total) used by our customers. You will lead a team of circa 25 staff based across two locations (Cambridge and Manila, Philippines), and will be responsible for the continued delivery of the functions and services under your remit, driving improvements and innovations, and ensuring that customer support remains a key business enabler for Cambridge English.
What you’ll be doing
In this role you will be:
- Managing a team providing 24/7 support for customer support queries via phone, web ticket and live chat to candidates, exam centres, businesses and recognising organisations.
- Planning staffing levels across the year using support-related data and other business metrics to ensure SLAs continue to be met during peak periods of activity
- Demonstrate a mentality of continuous improvement and innovation when it comes to the software systems and tools used to provide customer support to ensure the optimal combination of efficiency, customer service and cost control.
- Manage the production, review and continuous improvement of web-based self-service support content to ensure customers can find their own answers to their questions.
What we’re looking for
We are not an IT support team; rather we are the bridge between our global base of customers and the internal IT function within Cambridge Assessment. As such, your experience and passion will lie with getting it right for the customer, leading and developing your team and a curiosity and drive to deliver continuous improvement.
To succeed in this role, you will need the following combination of skills and experience:
Whilst we are not an IT department, awareness of best practice around Incident, Problem and Change management would be beneficial. A recognised qualification such as ITIL Foundation or Practioner would be desirable.
- Significant people leadership skills and the ability to motivate staff at a variety of levels from junior positions to fellow managers
- High level of technical expertise that enables the development and configuration of support-related software tools to their maximum potential
- Sound understanding of support-related metrics, SLAs, KPIs and methodologies, and the ability to produce and present sets of data quantifying performance against these
- Well-honed influencing skills, with the focus on ensuring internal decisions reflect the customer's needs
- Several years working in a support or customer service environment at a management level
- Extensive experience of managing large and flexible teams of staff, including those based overseas.
- Experience liaising with key stakeholders within the business to progress resolution of issues
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty and empathy in all aspects of their work
- Role model the core Cambridge Assessment values
- Take responsibility for tasks assigned to them and the team; support colleagues in delivering against their tasks
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 30 January 2019 and interviews will be held week commencing 11 February.
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter at our website.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER