Senior Business Analysis Manager
Senior Business Analysis Manager
Salary: £37,600 – £52,600
What it’s about
At Cambridge Assessment English we are expanding our Business Analysis function. We are looking for an experienced individual to help us move up in maturity and to lead our team to success. We are an international organisation with multiple opportunities to develop your skills and career.
The Senior Business Analysis Manager role is situated within the Business Support Services within Customer Services. As a senior member of the team you will report directly to the Assistant Director of Business Support Services and will manage 7 Business Analysts providing analysis to IT and non IT programmes and projects.
This new role is directly responsible for ensuring consistency and best practice in the delivery of Business Analysts in Cambridge Assessment English.
As the Senior Business Analysis Manager you will join a large and vibrant Business Support Services team spanning multiple functions, delivering everything form portfolio management, Business Analysis, Project and Programme, UAT management and System support.
What you’ll be doing
As you will be heading up the Business Analysis team you will be taking a proactive role in providing leadership, direction and coordinate the team; ensuring and enabling appropriate process, quality of output, continuous improvement, and staff development to allow Business Support Services to deliver on its remit, including:
- Providing input to and influencing the development of the strategy for delivering programmes and projects across Cambridge Assessment English.
- Horizon scanning for opportunities to enhance business analysis related services.
- Playing an influential role in the Business Support Services Senior Management Team to ensure the activities of business analysis and staff development are aligned to the operational and strategic plans of the organisation, and supporting the work of the Assistant Director of Business Support Services.
- Managing and developing individuals into a high performing team, including professional and practical development. Ensuring individuals are motivated and inspired in an often challenging business environment to contribute to Cambridge Assessment English’s Strategy.
- Taking a proactive role in proposing, developing, communicating and embedding effective and industry best practice processes and frameworks across the delivery of project and programme.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a University level qualification e.g. undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in a related field e.g. commercial, business, economics, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Strong customer focussed approach to business analysis in the programme/project management and delivery arena
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Good financial acumen
- The ability to report and communicate at all levels of the business and to the client
- Strong communications skills including coaching, presenting, technical and business writing
- Ability to motivate and gain commitment from others, escalate and accelerate activities & issues to meet targets
- Extensive experience of leading and managing a solution-focused Business Analysis team
- Proven track record of managing a high-performance team that consistently achieves and exceeds expectation on KPIs, reporting on key metrics to senior stakeholders.
- Proven experience of managing Business Analysis teams
- Experience in integrated people, process and technology change
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 27/01/2019 and interviews will be held on 19/02/2019.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER