Finance Analyst (Full Time and Contract roles available)
Reach Plc are looking to recruit a number of Finance Analysts to join our team on both permanent and fixed term contracts (1 Permanent role and 2 Six month Contract roles)
If successful you will be responsible for helping to help provide support to our Finance Directors across a number of our specialist functions. We are looking for candidates who are part qualified CIMA/ACCA (preferably actively studying) and have an interest in joining the largest news publisher in the UK.
We are Reach because it's what we do
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Provide support to the Finance Directors across specialist functions (Nationals and Reach Solutions) and the Nationals Finance Business Analyst
- Extracting data for analysis from core systems (GL/Diver/ ASP/BPC/DFP)
- Creation and maintenance of financial reports (tables/graphs etc) as required
- Liaise with the Accounting Hubs on matters where required
- Involvement in projects and ad hoc costing exercises
- Data collation for weekly forecasts
- KPI reporting for all three specialist functions
- Collation of consolidated financials
- Cover work tasks during holidays, sickness and absence - across both functions
The Ideal Candidate
- Part qualified CIMA/ACCA (preferably actively studying)
- Advanced excel, word, power-point and database skills (SAP BPC preferable)
- Strong interpersonal and decision making skills
- Able to work on projects unsupervised or as part of a team
- Previous 2-3 years experience in similar finance analyst role preferable
- Knowledge of Media/Publishing Industry preferable
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Study support package available for the right individual for this position.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.