2 days left
- Full Time
Workshop Mechanic – Permanent Full –Time
As part of a small successful workshop team, you will be involved in the day to day maintenance and production activities.
- Maintenance of all mobile port equipment including tug-masters, forklifts and all other Company vehicles.
- Performance of regular servicing as specified by the manufacturers and the keeping of comprehensive records of such services.
- Attend breakdowns of port equipment both in normal working hours and outside working hours both in the terminal and onboard vessels.
- Perform remedial work on customer’s trailers, to enable the customer to remove the unit from the terminal area.
- Carry out general maintenance at the terminal, which is within your capabilities and expertise.
- Keep individual maintenance records on mobile port equipment such that performance/cost analyses can be carried out.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adopted during all maintenance operations and adhere to all terminal health and safety regulations.
- Comply with health and safety legislation/fire precautions and procedures.
- Ensure that any quality system operated by the Company in your area of responsibility is adhered to.
- Respond to requests for assistance in ‘clean up’ operations when fluids have leaked from vehicles operating on Company land and vessels.
- Grade C or above GCSE Maths and English or Equivalent
- IVQ or similar certification required
- 3+ years’ of service technician experience
- Full clean driving licence Category B
- Good administration and organizational skills
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to undertake further training
This is a Full-Time (39 hours a week) opportunity based in the Workshop based in Fishguard Harbour. To apply, please click on the link in this advet as soon as possible, but no later than Friday 18 January 2019. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the HR Department on 01407 60652 or by e-mail HRINFO.ISS@stenaline.com