Page Personnel Logistics are looking to recruit an Operations Manager for our client based in Wembley.
Our client are a well know 3PL working in close partnership with a leading retailer. You will be responsible for managing a home delivery operation which is ley to the success of the contract.
In the role of operations manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Motivate and manage the team to achieve, and where possible exceed, all performance objectives
- Managing all transport and warehouse activities including any agreed contractors for the site to ensure all budgetary and financial KPI's. legislative, legal and procedural compliance, and contractual commitments are met
- Effective management of resources to achieve KPI's (cost, quality, service and absence)
- Managing performance of the team and being responsible for service delivery
- Ensure a pro-active approach to health & Safety via risk assessment and by ensuring that warehouse colleagues comply with all policies and requirements
- Conduct regular individual reviews and where necessary agree a performance improvement plans
- Management of a Time & Attendance System
- Support the ongoing development of the contract culture through active colleague engagement
- Process Control of orders, loading/tipping of vehicles and the returns operation
The ideal candidate will have experience of managing in a Transport environment and full knowledge of transport legislation. You will have attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and make recommendations. You will be customer focused and able to build effective relationships with the team, client and other third parties. Previous experience with customer relations is desirable but not essential. Experience of Health & Safety regulations in a warehouse/transport environment is essential. Experience of managing a team, including discipline and grievance matters as well as the ability to motivate and engage with colleagues. You will demonstrate drive, energy and a commitment to the continuous improvement of overall contract performance.
You will be required to work any 5 from 7 days, including weekends and Bank Holidays with a requirement to work additional hours/shifts as necessary. You will receive a competitive salary and will have excellent opportunities to progress further with the network.