Senior Project Financial Analyst (Commercial)
Senior Project Financial Analyst - Commercial
Office-based - Farnborough
Here at Syneos Health we are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Financial Analyst to be based in our Farnborough office, supporting our selling solutions division.
Serves as financial analyst for the European Financial Controller. Prepares, reconciles, analyzes and reports Business Unit(s) revenue for projects/contracts and reconciliation of costs vs budgets and pricing models. Produces financial and other business analyses, interpretation, and investigation of data for operations for assigned projects and contracts. Ensures all reporting activities are accurate and prepared within established timelines.
Supports EU Financial Controller in:
- Recording revenue each month for Business Unit, Fee for Service, Fixed Price contracts, investment deals;
- Drafting Budgets and forecasts for Business Unit projects;
- Loading project budgets into Oracle/Essbase and maintaining key member lists (project set up) and other project data in Oracle and associated systems and schedules;
- Drafting project level actual versus budget/forecast variance analysis monthly as well as monthly reports for distribution in analyzing monthly results;
- Drafting projects level actuals versus pricing model for projects variance analysis
- Drafts monthly forecasting of financial results (backlog);
- Meets established deadlines for Revenue and Backlog submittals;
- Timely preparation of project close out reconciliations.
Work closely with EU Financial Controller in:
- Captures, assesses and consolidates results; and
- Drafts key reports such as annual cost and expense budgets, cost rates, cost and expense forecasting, monthly utilization, headcount, revenue backlog analysis, and/or gross profit for assigned area.
- Updates any predefined reports.
Attends project meetings as applicable to support assigned areas. Attends project kick-off meetings to capture and process relevant data for set up of newly awarded projects onto financial systems and schedules. Attends monthly project review (MPRs) meetings to ensure understanding/concurrence of project status, potential issues and the accuracy of the forecast.
Monitors the overall health of assigned projects including but not limited to revenues, gross profit, receivables, and unbilled amounts as well as project close outs and reconciliations.
The ideal candidate will need the following experience / skills to be considered:
BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent professional education (eg ACA/ACCA) and experience. Pharmaceutical or CRO experience preferred. Strong English proficiency. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential. Proficiency with accounting software packages. Experience with Oracle Finance is preferred. Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, organizational, interpersonal, and teamwork skills. Excellent financial, communication, and interpersonal skills as well as a high level of personal motivation to achieve. Demonstrated ability to work with confidential and sensitive data. Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines is necessary.
We have a comprehensive benefits package and offer highly competitive remuneration.
If you have the required experience for this position and are eligible to work in the required location then please apply by CV.
Join a game-changing company that isreinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies, INC Research and inVentiv Health, we bring together more than 22,000 clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get biopharmaceutical therapies into the hands of patients who need them most.