Our client is a leading international consumer goods business with a reputation for innovation. They have offices across the globe, including USA, Australia, China and Hong Kong and their business is growing rapidly.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience driving multiple operational aspects of a business simultaneously. The role primarily is to drive group operations of the company and lead direct reports (e.g. Logistics Director, Head of HR, US Operations Manager) to effectively manage the growing functions of at least logistics, HR, properties & facilities management, reception, customer services, and health & safety.
The role will include, but not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for logistics, HR, properties and facilities management, reception, customer services, health & safety, company insurance matters and fleet (company cars)
- Providing leadership and management of an expanding operations team in a rapidly growing company, ensuring that the team has the optimum resource to manage the expected company growth.
- Lead various company initiatives such as implementation of manufacturing and warehouse facilities abroad and implementation of cost-effective warehouse capabilities.
- Coordinate global supply chain by liaising with the Logistics Director and external providers for at least warehousing support, on-time deliveries, haulage arrangements, freight forwarding negotiation, shipping schedule management, and so forth.
- Instigate and implement initiatives to improve efficiency of operations and seek cost reduction measures, where possible.
- Drive HR initiatives by working with Head of HR to improve recruitment in order to attract the right talent, increase employee retention, improve employee engagement and performance, and enhance overall company employment profile.
- Ensure an “excellent” customer services rating is maintained and that follow-up corrective actions are being sought to prevent recurrence.
- Regular reporting on all key metrics for each function.
What they’re looking for:
- Significant experience at a senior management/board level. Experience as a Managing Director/CEO or COO would be a great advantage.
- Experience of supply chain logistics in a retail and manufacture industry would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of HR would be an advantage.
- Proven leadership and management.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Tenacious – able to negotiate, influence and work collaboratively when ideas are challenged without antagonising.
- Experience of working in a dynamic, fast-paced, commercial environment with constantly changing challenges.
- Proven track record of managing a demanding workload and of delivering robust and commercial solutions to large scale challenges.
- Be a team player with a can-do approach and a willingness to embrace new challenges with an open mind.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, highly articulate and persuasive.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, identify and resolve issues and risks in the area of logistics.
- Highly-developed organisational skills; ability to prioritise and detail-oriented.
- Experience of working globally with cultural sensitivity, particularly with the Far East.
If you think you have the right experience and skills, please do not hesitate to apply today.
Apply for Operations Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly