Housing Development Officer (Contract)
1 day left
- Full Time
Housing Development Officer (Contract)
Redruth, Cornwall (with occasional travel to attend project sites, seminars and meetings)
Do you have a background in property development or construction? Want to progress your career as a Housing Development Officer with a successful not-for-profit organisation? If so, read on.
We are Coastline Housing, an independent, not-for-profit housing association owning and managing over 4,300 homes. Built on strong values of putting our customers first, transparency, striving to be the best and valuing our staff, we are dedicated to providing great homes, delivering great services and employing great people.
We are Investors in People Silver accredited, a Top 100 Best Not-for-Profit organisation to work for, and we’ve been voted number 25 in the top 50 Landlords list.
We’re now looking for a Housing Development Officer to join us on a two year fixed-term contract and facilitate the handover of new homes to customers.
- Salary of £22,608 - £26,598 per annum
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- High street discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Broaden your property development knowledge with a successful housing association
This is a brilliant opportunity to develop your career with an organisation committed to building amazing homes for communities throughout Cornwall.
You will have the chance to get involved with a variety of activities, including project management, customer service and consultant management, to name a few.
We recognise that our staff are central to our performance. As such, we offer a supportive and engaging environment where you’ll be encouraged to share your ideas, challenge yourself and realise your full potential.
As a Housing Development Officer, you’ll work with customers, colleagues, consultants and contractors to ensure the smooth handover of new homes. You’ll also co-ordinate the resolution of any new build defects.
In this varied role, you will:
- Support the delivery of development schemes by attending site meetings, liaising with customers and completing defect inspections
- Monitor and record defects, ensuring they are resolved as quickly as possible
- Manage the delivery of specifically adapted properties on schemes
- Complete grant claim forms
- Monitor budget control for the scheme, including updating valuations and cash flow
To join us as a Housing Development Officer, you’ll need:
- Experience in the construction or property development sector
- Previous experience of financial appraisal tools and software
- An understanding of the legal processes involved in acquiring and disposing of property
- A full driving licence and the willingness to travel throughout the local area
- A professional qualification in a housing, construction, law and/or property related discipline
Experience of the following would be beneficial: report writing, using a Customer Relationship Management system to monitor and manage customer journeys, or project management.
Knowledge of Homes England’s regulations, procedures and standards would also be an advantage.
Other companies may call this role Property Development Officer, Housing Development Co-ordinator, Development Scheme Co-ordinator, Junior Housing Project Manager or Development & Construction Officer.
The closing date for applications is the 17th January 2019. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the 28th and 29th January 2019.
Webrecruit and Coastline Housing are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Housing Development Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week