Supply Chain Team Leader
Supply Chain Team Leader
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You will be working within a small team within IET (Intelligent Energy Technology). Reporting to the Operations Support Manager, you will be responsible for leading our Field Logistics team to deliver excellence, efficiency and cost savings across the business.
Having worked in a fast-paced, dynamic environment before, you will be adept at delivering exceptional work and working with a range of stakeholders across office and field based teams. They will understand the challenges of leaders and front line teams and be able to support with excellent communication skills.
Whilst we are always looking for creativity and imagination, this person will also bring rigour to the role and will be both hyper-organised themselves - and capable of organising and supporting others. We are a growing team, to be based in Templeback in Bristol.
What will I be doing?
- This is a varied role, working with both field managers as well as our leadership team; you will lead and co-ordinate regular performance meetings and link both field and logistics
- You will manage both internal and external stakeholder relationships, providing an account management service to all external suppliers
- Working with Technical Compliance team, you will be responsible for ensuring our field engineers are compliant regarding the use of tools and consumables
- Ensure accurate forecasting, demand planning and order management with all external stakeholders
- Line managing duties to a team of minimum 2
- Delivering costs saving alternatives to the leadership team
- Forecasting in-line with growth plans and ensuring third parties are aware of potential growth
- Overall management and responsibility of our Fleet Contract
- Managing our fleet risk profile, again working closely with Field Managers
- Driving cost saving improvements within the team and the field
- Overseeing OLEV grants and applications for electric vehicle charge points
Do I have what it takes?
You will be hands-on and a starter-finisher, able to pick up an issue and feel enabled to resolve it.
A good communicator, able to express your views clearly, excellent stakeholder management and leadership skills. Being confident with juggling tasks and keeping third parties accountable whilst driving improvements in their performance. Escalating issues to the Operations Support Manager, when required.
Ideally you will have…
- Experience within a supplier facing role dealing with logistics
- Supply Chain/Field Logistics experience
- Forecasting, demand planning and order management
- Strong interpersonal and social skills, with bags of enthusiasm and drive
- A positive attitude, proving approachable and accessible to colleagues at all levels.
- Maturity, professionalism and strength of character - in a fast moving, rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to problem solve
- Exceptional organisational skills; you’ll be a stickler for detail and naturally organised...but with the resilience to flex when plans change
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment where prioritisation is required
- Experience presenting data and information in a confident and clear way to senior audiences
- Leadership experience which is engaging and motivating as well as being able to coach and develop your team
- Previous team leader experience, showing an ability to effectively manage performance.
OVO believes in fuelling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to challenge the status quo: to be the good ones, always find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly. And we understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so our people will always share in our success.
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity: the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
To apply for the role of Supply Chain Team Leader, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Supply Chain Team Leader, Supply Chain Supervisor, Logistics Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Logistics Team Leader, Field Logistics Team Leader, Field Operations Supervisor.