Marketing Manager - Assurance - Sales & Marketing Team
About the role
Sales and Marketing is a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm's market strategy and in particular to ensure:
- We innovate every day.
- We are inclusive by default.
- We deliver commercial impact with purpose.
- We tell stories that inspire.
We're looking for a dynamic and commercial Marketing Manager to join our Assurance Sales and Marketing team at what is an exciting time of change for this large (GBP1bn+ revenue) business. The successful candidate will be involved in developing and delivering go to market plans to support growth in key parts of the diverse, sizeable and fast evolving Assurance Line of Service
You will report to the Head of Marketing for Assurance and be part of the Marketing and Brand team and broader PwC Sales and Marketing Team who are across all aspects of our business; covering Lines of Service, Industries, Regions and One Firm. We also have a Marketing Centre of Excellence where we have expertise across Campaigns, Digital Marketing and Content and Thought Leadership.
With responsibility for delivering campaigns and activities to support our growth ambitions in key areas of the Assurance business, you will have the drive, project management experience and influencing skills to make things happen!
Strong commercial marketing skills are essential. This will stretch beyond the traditional marketing communications skill set and will include the ability to help develop compelling propositions and enable sales. A focus on commercial outcomes will set you apart from other candidates.
As the key Sales and Marketing contact for key areas of Assurance, you will need to forge a good working relationship with senior partner stakeholders and client facing teams. You will require strong influencing and communication skills and will have experience in establishing yourself as a trusted advisor who can be relied upon to get things done.
To make an impact you will need to be self-starting and inquisitive in order to develop a thorough understanding of the business and the markets in which it operates. You will be comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy problem solving.
You will have the confidence and resilience to put forward new and creative concepts and ideas and an appetite for looking outwards at emerging marketing best practice. Most importantly, you will be driven to understand our clients and use this to determine the right approach to deliver a valuable client.
In this role, the successful candidate;
- Designs and manages the delivery of go to market plans, multi-channel campaigns and activities to support growth in key parts of the Assurance business.
- Delivers a variety of marketing activities including direct marketing, digital, events programmes, awards and sponsorships.
- Delivers integrated thought leadership campaigns.
- Manages internal sales enablement communications and engagement programmes to support growth ambitions in key business areas.
- Works with the business to develop written content for use with internal and external audiences.
- Monitors short and long-term ROI measures and takes responsibility for delivery and evaluation of ROI on specific campaigns.
- Brings curiosity and challenge so that marketing campaigns are continuously improved and experience, information and knowledge are shared.
- Acts as a coach and mentor for marketing executives and assistants to help them develop.
Essential skills and experience:
- Commercially aware and outcome focussed.
- Excellent communication, writing and facilitation skills are essential as is the ability to liaise, influence, challenge effectively and build relationships at senior management, peer and team level.
- Graduate calibre with a proven track record in the development and delivery of multi-channel marketing campaigns. A solid understanding of marketing planning, programmes and channel management.
- Ability to generate credibility and respect at senior levels.
- Self-starter able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong analytical ability, with experience of capturing, analysing and developing recommendations based upon complex ROI data sets.
- The ability to implement both strategic and tactical initiatives, and to manage multiple projects.
- Creative and innovative approach.
- An eye for emerging trends and a curious mind.