Senior C# .NET Core Developer
About The Role CIQUHP
New opportunity for an accomplished C# .NET Core developer to take a lead role in designing and developing TRL's future generations of traffic management solutions. Already established within major cities across the globe, TRL software drives efficiencies and has been reducing journey times on our roads for many years, and is now being evolved and reimagined to meet the needs of future mobility and to become embedded in the fabric of connected and autonomous vehicles.
Leading part of an Agile team, you will hold responsibility for developing the existing product portfolio and develop new cross-platform products to deliver value to customers and grow the TRL Software business. You will be skilled in a range of aspects of the full technical software product development lifecycle including: systems architecture, algorithmic design, software implementation and testing. You will have extensive experience developing in C# and .NET Core using SOLID principles, and will develop new programming and other relevant capabilities to support the enhancement and integration of our products and services. You will work in an Agile and cost- effective way, able to apply agreed working methods and practices, to deliver work within time/cost/quality parameters. You will be curious to learn and to improve continually the way TRL Software works to be the leader in its chosen markets.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Develop product enhancements / new products against the agreed product roadmap
- Design new technical algorithms
- Design new systems architectures
- Work across the product portfolio
- Support the development of product roadmaps
- Develop and improve the technical capability of the whole team
- Be forward thinking, identifying and deploying new technologies that will give our portfolio of products commercial edge
- Resolve product queries and test product resilience
- Apply Agile working practices that accelerate product development and deliver products in a way that achieves time/cost/quality goals
- Undertake product testing as part of a wider quality assurance function
- Document technical solutions
Skills & Experience
Experience and knowledge across the following key areas is essential:
- C# / .NET Core for cross platform development
- SOLID principles
- Git / Jira
- REST / JSON / RabbitMQ / SOA
- Scrum practice
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 / 27001 together with information security.
Degree level education or equivalent.
Eligible candidates must be able to demonstrate fluency in both verbal and written English.
At TRL we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Support for professional memberships and study
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits package