Road Freight Operator 2
- Full Time
Road Freight Operator (Import / Export)
I am working with a Small Family Run Freight Forwarder in Basildon who are growing their European Road Freight department. This company is very well established with a good structure in place. This company mainly deal with Road Freight Imports and Exports however do provide Multimodal Services. They are looking for someone who either has experience dealing with Imports and Exports for Road freight or an individual which is open to learning the full process from start to finish. In terms of the role, there will be training, and support provided.
ROAD FREIGHT OPERATOR (IMPORT / EXPORT) DAILY DUTIES
- Take bookings and liaise with customers, suppliers, overseas agents, European hauliers etc,
- Plan routes and loads for European Imports and Exports
- Complete all road freight documentations, negotiate rates and provide quotations.
- Dealing with European Destinations such as France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Turkey
- Managing FTL, LTL and Groupage movements
- Contacting clients making sure all information / paperwork has been received for the shipment.
- Managing day to day Road Exports alongside working on specific key accounts
- Completing the full road freight process from start to finish
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop your skill set, you will be working alongside a small team with great experience within the industry. The company is growing and can develop into a more senior role once the opportunity arises.
My client is looking for someone who has the following:
- Good communication skills
- Hard worker looking to develop their skills
- Passion for the industry
- Motivation and Drive
- Good use of Microsoft packages