HR Officer - Food Manufacturing
HR Officer - Food manufacturing
Salary: GBP23-28,000 + benefits
We are seeking an HR Officer for a maternity cover contract starting in December. You will be a key contributor to the company and their employees, while working closely with the HR team and business leaders in assigned matters, including HR policy implementation, Employee Relations, Learning & Development co-ordination, HRIS data management, administrative support and special projects.
This role requires an individual with a sense of curiosity to learn and grown, keen attention to detail, ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, flawless follow-up, and ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms in a timely manner with an ability and urgency to get things done.
- Maintain and ensure HR data accuracy and GDPR compliance and integrity in HRIS, create HR and analysis, scorecards, dashboards and reporting metric tools.
- Process and audit all contractual changes for the business, electronically documenting changes accurately and timely.
- Assist in ensuring HR policies and practices are communicated and adhered to within the business
- Respond to enquiries from employees, supervisors and other external customers regarding HR policies and practices.
- Author and process offer, termination, impact letters and other HR documents.
- Research and respond to initial disciplinary and grievance requests as well as scheduling and notifying participants of upcoming hearings.
- Responsible for absenteeism and other ER issues
- Assist with employee relations and investigative fact-finding and prepare responses.
- Facilitates the recruiting process for all factory based decisions. This includes scheduling interviews for new hires, creating interview guides, setting up pre-employment background checks, processing new hire paperwork and setting new hires up on the HRIS systems.
- Maintains files related to job openings.
- Works with the temporary agency to ensure all new starters are given an appropriate induction to the business
- Uses PC knowledge to develop new spreadsheets, job descriptions, and develop data bases and systems to improve HR support to the facility. Maintains several PC spreadsheets to assist the HR Manager with various monthly reporting and plant programs
- Conduct new hire orientation and assist with benefits communications.
- Assist with the management of small to medium special projects and performs other duties as needed.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Minimum of CIPD L5
- Experience of working in an HR function in either an HR Officer or HR Adviser role within a manufacturing business is essential, food manufacturing is desirable
- Experience in a self-driven, multi-tasking environment while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail, accuracy, and poise under pressure.
- This position assists with many activities within HR including, but not limited to, recruiting, department administration, employee relations, and training and requires an individual with this breadth of experience
- Must be pragmatic in approach and style with the robustness to work in a busy HR function
- Experience of managing the GDPR policy for the people agenda
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to manage the Employee Forum for the business and create actions
- You will be responsible for performing HR duties with minimal supervision and a high degree of initiative and confidentiality experience of this is essential.
- You must be approachable with the ability to manage multiple tasks and a busy agenda
To apply please email your CV, or call for more information