Senior Product Manager
Reach plc is looking for a product manager to help our mobile apps grow and prosper. Working with a team of specialist app developers, and with editorial, commercial and marketing stakeholders from around the business, the successful candidate will help grow the audiences for our mobile apps, improve profitability and explore new revenue streams.
Reach plc is one of the UK's largest media publishers. The acquisitions of Local World in 2015 and Northern & Shell in 2018 have strengthened our presence in the local and national news markets and we have ambitious targets for continued growth. Our award-winning digital portfolio comprises over 50 news websites, ranging from national titles such as Mirror Online and large regional publications such as Manchester Evening News to smaller county, city and specialist titles. All our larger titles have mobile apps, on both iOS and Android, and we expect to add more.
The product development team is based in the City of London, near Monument, but the role may also involve some travel to our regional offices.
The product manager sets out an integrated strategy for acquiring and retaining app users and generating revenue from this highly engaged audience. They work closely with the editorial and marketing teams to promote our mobile apps, and with our sales and ad ops teams to monetise them through display advertising and commercial partnerships. They also look for ways to leverage the engagement and loyalty of app users to generate new revenue streams, work with design and development to test and validate them, and then implement and track the ideas with promise.
The Ideal Candidate
- Business acumen and leadership, including ability to make decisions or recommend a course of action to senior managers and stakeholders
- Can identify trends and form a product strategy based on market research, user feedback, data analysis and business objectives
- Understands the impact of design on the user experience. Provides effective briefs, pays attention to detail and gives useful feedback
- Able to work with commercial stakeholders to select, implement and track appropriate commercial solutions, including advertising, partnerships and freemium/premium options
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to identify key performance indicators, specify and implement measurement frameworks, analyse and optimise user experiences, track conversions and churn, measure long-term user loyalty and assess business value
- Committed to measuring product performance to evaluate how well the product is serving the purpose it was made for, solving the right problems for users and creating business value
- Keen to experiment and make use of agile and lean methodology in a self-organising team
- Degree-level education or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years in product management, ideally including roles in media companies
- Experience with user-centered and hypothesis-driven lean working practices
- Track record of taking product features from concept to user-facing launch
- Experience managing products supported by direct-sold and/or programmatic advertising would
be an advantage
We strongly believe the people we work alongside is one of our biggest benefits to working here at Trinity Mirror Solutions. The sense of community, and working as one team is paramount to our success and employee satisfaction on a daily basis. You will also gain the additional benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Company Pension scheme.
- Access to a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits inc holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans, discounted cinema and retail vouchers and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.