Carbon and Energy Support Officer - Gremista
The Carbon and Energy Support Officer works as part of a small team providing a help desk function and administrative and technical support to the Carbon Management Team including the Council's Energy Manager.
The Carbon Management Team are responsible for the energy supply to all Council owned properties throughout Shetland, including schools, social care premises, offices and various other public buildings. The Team also manages and administers grant funding for energy efficiency work in private houses and is the lead service on carbon reduction projects within the Council. The Service has ISO 9001 and 140001 Quality Management System certification and is an accredited Green Deal Advisory Organisation.
The Carbon and Energy Support Officer reports directly to the Team Leader - Carbon Management but will be expected to prioritise their own workload to deal with conflicting demands.Additional Information
- The grade of this post is G
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of GBP2,094 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 37 hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
This post is based at Gremista, Lerwick.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Mary Lisk, Tel
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call.