Training Coordinator (Assessor) - Carpentry/Joinery
Can you help our students craft a future for themselves?
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Carpenter/Joiner to join our team based at our Bedford campus as a Training Coordinator (Assessor) for Carpentry and Joinery to become a key member of our construction team.
As our Training Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Coordinating the training for work-based provision.
- Delivering and assessing knowledge and competence components for work-based learners.
- Ensuring that tracking systems for work-based learners are updated regularly and accurately.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with employers and classroom-based tutors to ensure regular communication about performance and progress.
Our ideal candidates will have working within the construction industry, particularly carpentry and/or bench joinery, with some experience of training small groups, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 in Carpentry/and or Bench Joinery or equivalent qualification
- Training, Assessment and Quality Assurance (TAQA) Level 3 qualification or be willing to work towards
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training or be willing to work towards
- Certificate in Education or equivalent qualification
- A1 Assessors qualification
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
40 hours / 52 weeks per year
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.