Caretaker - House Steward
The American Museum and Gardens
Caretaker – House Steward: £16,000 - £18,000 p.a. plus pension, rent free accommodation and council tax paid.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic friendly team working in a beautiful and historic environment open to the public while living in a 200-year-old Grade I listed manor house in Bath.
For the better performance of their duties the post holder is required to live at the property in accommodation provided rent free – a spacious, refurbished one bedroom apartment.
We are looking for a House Steward to:
· manage the opening, closing and security of the property.
· respond efficiently to the need for basic maintenance and cleanliness throughout the property at Claverton Manor, home of the American Museum and Gardens and help deliver the building maintenance plan.
· supervise and assist cleaning of all public and private interior areas on the estate.
· prepare buildings ready for event hire to meet customer needs and work collaboratively with all partners.
· assist, construct and remove temporary exhibitions and assist maintaining permanent exhibits.
· supervise and ensure all related health and safe working practices within the housekeeping department.
· build good relations with all users of Claverton Manor and associated buildings promoting a positive visitor experience.
· respond to other duties required by the Facilities Manager.
For further information and full job description please see our website:
Please apply by email to Julian.email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you feel qualified to do the job and what you can bring to the American Museum. It would be appreciated if you could also include a contact telephone number.
Closing date: 14 January 2019 noon.
Interviews: 16 or 18 January 2019
We will be in touch with those who we would like to invite to interview. Please appreciate that if we have not been in touch by close of business on 15 January your application has been unsuccessful this time.