To actively support the work within Assessment in delivering efficient and effective examinations through exam paper administration, providing support to Assessment Managers and working as a team supporting other Assessment Administrators.
Exam paper Administration and Use of In-house systems, duties including:
- Support the production of examination material through the Question Paper Production Process
- Author exam content and construct exam papers using in-house systems
- Make amendments to exam content following proofing and vetting stages
- Generate reports for managers using in-house systems
- Use of in-house item banking systems and online content authoring tools
- Construct practice papers for partner organisations
- Support Assessment staff in carrying out User Acceptance Testing on in-house systems
Support Managers within Assessment, including:
- Prepare material for examination meetings
- Process expenses relating to meetings
Administration duties, including:
- Organise payments for external Writers and Examiners
- Deal with internal or external enquires by post, phone, email or in person
- Set up and administer regular examination related meetings, including providing agendas and taking minutes
- Diary management for Managers within Assessment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
At least Grade C English at GCSE level or equivalent
- Time management and organisation
- Ability to pick up new systems and processes
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Packages in particular Outlook
- Ability to use own initiative to suggest improvements to systems or processes
- Significant experience of working in a busy and complex office environment
- Experience of working with complex systems
- Experience of using relevant in-house systems
- Experience of using basic design software to work on graphical input
- Meticulous about confidentiality
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 14 January 2019 and the assessment day will be held on 21 January 2019.
To apply, please upload CV and covering letter, by clicking apply.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER