Are you looking to develop a career with an award winning business in the financial services industry and one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for? AJ Bell could have just the opportunity for you. AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre.
We are now looking to recruit experienced, hardworking and articulate Pensions Administrators to join our Client Services teams, to play a key role in providing our award-winning service to our customers. For hard-working individuals, there are excellent career development opportunities available.
Successful applicants will have recent or current work experience in a similar role, specifically in financial services and administration, and will bring this knowledge to a key role at AJ Bell.
As a Pensions Administrator you are responsible for providing a first class service to our customers. It is important that you can build relationships with our customers and IFAs, offering them a great experience every time they contact us. You’ll be handling their day to day requests to administer their pension – which may include processing new business applications, contributions, transfers and calculating pension benefits - ensuring the team meets internal service level agreements.
What does the job involve?
- Answering calls and written enquiries to with agreed service levels
- Deliver the AJ Bell brand experience in a consistent manner
- Co-operate with internal teams to ensure efficient operating processes
- Comply with FCA regulations at all times, applying the principles of Treating the Customer Fairly in all customer interactions
- Take ownership of customer queries and see through to resolution
- Ensure that all compliance policies are adhered to including anti-money laundering, clear desk and ID&V
Knowledge and skills:
- At least 1 years’ experience working as a pensions administrator with defined contribution (DC) schemes, ideally within financial services
- A minimum of 8 GCSE Grades A-C (or equivalent), including Maths and English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Competent IT skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
In return you can expect:
- Comprehensive training programme and opportunity to take industry recognised qualifications
- Excellent career opportunities
- 22 days holiday increasing to 29 days with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary bi-annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid study support
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Free social events including monthly pay-day Friday drinks
- Free gym and classes
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme and childcare vouchers