Looking to develop a career with an award winning business in the financial services industry? AJ Bell could have just the opportunity for you.
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £46.1 billion and more than 197,900 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London.
Our aim is to be to a market-leading provider of investment products and administration services in the execution-only and adviser markets.
As a BI Developer you will form key working relationships across all areas of the Business to lead the management and improvement of data across the organisation.
- Designing and developing the end-to-end ETL and Data Modelling solutions
- Collaborate with the Solution delivery team and identify data related backlog items
- Working closely with the feature owners, product owners and wider data team on the delivery of business requirements and backlog
- Ensuring the releases in to production follow the agreed procedure, this may include working closely with DevOps team
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements by automating manual work and optimising the delivery of data
- Evaluate opportunities to recommend improvements in architecture, data models, tools and processes
- Maintain and support the data integration and replication
- Identify potential performance issues, bottlenecks, and pain points; and recommend solutions
- Liaising with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Knowledge and skills:
- Data Warehousing or Data Engineering background with knowledge of database design, modelling and best practice- multidimensional design and build
- ETL experience- ideally in high volume data environments - building complex data pipelines to make data available for advanced analytics
- Knowledge of data related regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand complex processes
- Strong knowledge of the MS BI Stack
- Some knowledge of NoSQL databases and Big data
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Customer service skills
- Analytical skills
- Planning, organisation and time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to work with technical and nontechnical staff
- Flexible and adaptable
- Stakeholder engagement
In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role.
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers. As well as state-of-the-art work areas, the office also has its own gym, relaxed break-out zones, a roof terrace, a dining area and a lounge which transforms into a bar for staff once a month.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year which are open to all employees.
You will also have access to free onsite gym with a range of classes.