Looking to develop a career with an award winning business in the financial services industry? AJ Bell could have just the opportunity for you.
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £46.1 billion and more than 197,900 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London.
We are now growing our infrastructure team and looking for a number of Infrastructure/Senior Infrastructure Engineers.
The Infrastructure/Senior Infrastructure Engineer is primarily responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of AJ Bell Infrastructure (VMWare, Netapp, LAN & WAN) across multiple sites in the UK. This role also involves documenting, managing and supporting the Information Security (Firewalls, VPN, etc.), Server (VDI, VMWare) and Storage (NetApp, Equillogic) infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Engineer co-ordinates, plans and executes Infrastructure changes and maintenance ensuring that changes to production systems are assessed and implemented to recognised best practice standards.
Knowledge and skills:
- Manage & maintain the multi-site corporate LAN/WAN.
- Manage & maintain the SAN and allocation of storage to servers and shares.
- Manage & maintain the VMware environments in use across the business.
- Manage & maintain the VMware SRM and carry out regular tests for the recovery of the systems.
- Monitor the health & capacity of the infrastructure and plan for increased demand to maintain service performance.
- Management & maintain Windows Servers, VDIs and MS Exchange mail servers with the objective to maximise systems availability.
- Plan and carry out updates to all operating systems.
- Plan and carry out upgrades to all system software, e.g. OS upgrades, Citrix upgrades.
- Assist other IT staff members with investigations of problems occurring on the various systems. Playing a part in resolving IT incidents in a timely manner.
- Maintain asset records for infrastructure assets ensuring they are up to date.
- Document system architecture, changes and maintain appropriate IT controls.
- Document infrastructure standards and ensure compliance to these standards.
Competence, knowledge and skills:
- Experience in an Infrastructure/Senior Infrastructure Engineer role, preferably gained in a Financial Services or e-commerce environment
- Experience managing & maintaining Cisco switches etc with solid LAN administration experience
- Experience managing & maintaining NetApp or similar solutions
- Experience managing & maintaining VMWare solutions
- Experience managing & maintaining Fortinet or similar firewalls
- Experience with AWS and Azure beneficial
- Relevant degree (or equivalent) beneficial
- Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE etc.)
- Cisco networking products.
- Solarwinds monitoring software.
- Fortinet networking products.
- iSCSI SAN technology, Dell Equallogic & NetApp SANs
- VMware ESXi, vCloud & SRM
- Office 365
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Linux server configuration and management
- Capacity monitoring and planning.
- ITIL certified or strong working knowledge of IT Operational processes.
Personal and other skills
- Change planning, management and implementation, ideally gained within an Agile environment.
- Structured, self-starting, flexible and enjoy working in fast paced environments.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Service focused approach when responding to incidents, problems, change & projects
- Capacity planning experience.
- Disaster Recovery planning and implementation experience.
In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role.
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers. As well as state-of-the-art work areas, the office also has its own gym, relaxed break-out zones, a roof terrace, a dining area and a lounge which transforms into a bar for staff once a month.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year which are open to all employees.
You will also have access to free onsite gym with a range of classes.