Senior Risk Analyst
Senior Risk Analyst
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £46.1 billion and more than 197,900 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London.
We are now recruiting a Senior Risk Analyst to deliver effective and value add risk management and assurance to ensure that the risk management framework and its practical application is robust in identifying, measuring and mitigating all relevant risks, with particular focusing on Operational, Regulatory and Conduct Risks.
- Provide support and challenge to risk owners within the business on risk and controls assessments
- Support risk assessments on third party providers with the business relationship manager(s) and provide oversight of completion of agreed actions.
- Provide support and challenge on strategic deliverables, including material changes and strategic project, including ongoing review of risks and controls.
- Attend and facilitate Risk Forums across the business, providing challenge and oversight over agreed actions.
- Ownership of the Combined Assurance Model Forum, facilitating the implementation of the combined assurance model, liaising with Internal Audit, Compliance Monitoring and Quality Audit areas to ensure all key risk areas are covered whilst minimising overlap.
- Provide risk, control and policy recommendations to the business to ensure risks are managed effectively.
- Manage Risk escalations, near miss and loss reporting from business areas and provide MI to Head of Risk, the Risk Management Committee and other assurance committees as required
- Prepare regular Risk Reports to the Head of Risk, the Risk Management Committee and other assurance committees as required
- Prepare and deliver training and awareness programmes to enhance business understanding of risk management, including conduct risk.
- Deliver risk and assurance reviews of high risk areas and provide oversight of the completion of agreed actions.
- Ownership and Subject Matter Expert on RSM 4Risk, providing training and support to the business as required.
- Ownership of Internal and External Audit actions including review of action closures prior to acceptance and the provision of regular reporting to Internal and External Audit.
Competence, knowledge and skills:
- At least 3 years in a risk role – 1st, 2nd or 3rd line.
- Degree and / or appropriate professional qualifications.
- Experience of dealing with other areas of the business including Senior Management.
- Good report writing skills.
- Commercially aware; able to demonstrate an awareness of the business as a whole and the impact of the team’s work on other areas of the business.
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Very high attention to detail
- Knowledge of operational processes within AJ Bell
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework within which AJ Bell operates.
- Effective planning, organisation and time management skills
In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role.
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers. As well as state-of-the-art work areas, the office also has its own gym, relaxed break-out zones, a roof terrace, a dining area and a lounge which transforms into a bar for staff once a month.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year which are open to all employees.
You will also have access to free onsite gym with a range of classes.