Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Are you a highly-organised and diligent Secretary with experience in a professional services environment? Are you looking to take your next step and progress your career with a forward-thinking firm? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Withers & Rogers are actively seeking an experienced Patent Secretary to support a Partner Life Sciences & Chemistry group in Sheffield.
This is a full time, permanent position.
In this varied role, you will:
- Prepare and file official UK, European and International Patent applications
- Organise diaries, prioritise appointments and remind Attorneys of deadlines
- Perform fast, accurate audio typing using an electronic audio system for the production of letters, emails and patent specifications
- Manage Attorney's emails, judging urgency and actioning as required
- Arrange UK and overseas travel
- Maintain computerised patent records
- Manage and submit Attorneys' expenses for processing
To join us as a Secretary, you’ll need:
- At least two years’ secretarial experience in a professional services firm or similar
- Strong experience of providing dedicated secretarial and administrative support to an individual or a group of professionals
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
Previous experience in an Intellectual Property firm would put your application at a distinct advantage.
- Competitive salary
- Join a growing, vibrant office with excellent transport links
- Develop your career with a leading firm that promotes a healthy work/life balance
- The chance to learn from senior members of the firm and increase your patent knowledge
- Positive and welcoming work environment
- Flexible working
- The chance to buy up to an extra five days’ holiday
You will receive a comprehensive induction, as well as excellent training and support from colleagues to enable you to hit the ground running, rise to new challenges and succeed in your role.
With offices in Bristol, Leamington Spa, London, Munich and Sheffield, Withers & Rogers are one of Europe’s largest dedicated intellectual property law firms.
Established more than 130 years ago, we remain as passionate as ever about delivering the very best for our clients.
Other organisations may call this role Secretary, EA, PA, Secretary to the Senior Partner, Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, Patent Secretary, Junior Legal Secretary, Office Administrator, Office Clerk or Administrator.
To apply for the role of Patent Secretary, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.