Trainee Bus Driver
Looking for a new career? Join us as a Trainee Bus Driver in Acocks Green, Perry Barr, Yardley Wood and Birmingham Central.
We have a fantastic opportunity for individuals interested in becoming a fully qualified BusDriver! Whether you are at the beginning of your career, looking for a different line of work or simply searching for a new challenge, PCV Driving may be the right job for you!
Our Bus Driver Academy will help you gain the skills and knowledge needed to become a full PCV licence holder. Experienced National Express PCV instructors will guide you through the whole process including the driving theory and driving practical exams.
We currently have vacancies based in the South Birmingham area at our Acocks Green, Perry Barr and Yardley Wood garages, as well as our Birmingham Central depot.
Join our family of drivers in our longest established garages, learning from one of our many Master Drivers. As a Trainee Bus Driver you will be supported in all parts of the job, preparing you to start your career in the transportation industry. You will learn all necessary driving rules and regulations, health and safety elements of the Bus Driver role as well as how to provide outstanding customer service to our passengers.
What we offer in return for your hard work and commitment:
- Full PCV training worth over £3000 providing you with a qualifications for life
- Permanent position with one of the most recognised brands in the UK
- Availability to work overtime
- Guaranteed 38 hours of work per week
- Company pension
- Free Bus travel and discounted coach travel with National Express
- Variety of shifts and flexible working hours
- Access to variety of deals and discount via NX online portal
- Endless opportunities for progression within the business
What you need before applying:
- Minimum required age for trainee Bus Drivers is 18
- You need to hold a full car licence
- Excellent Customer Service skills are crucial for this job
- No more than 6 penalty point on your licence
- No driving bans
If the above sounds like a next step in your career, follow our online application process to express your interest by click 'Apply' now! If you have any queries or wish to discuss any aspects of the role, please email don't hesitate to get in touch, all details are on our website.
You may have previous experience in the following: taxi, delivery driver, driver, customer service, retail, hospitality, driving, customer care, PCV, coach driving, CPC, travel, passenger transport, security, licence.