The commercial content team write for print, digital and social media campaigns across Reach plc titles in Bristol, Bath, Gloucestershire and Somerset. Content campaigns have become an integral part of the commercial department, largely thanks to the content team's efforts in creating engaging articles. It's a role that's seen the workload increase substantially and the skill set is similar to a feature writer. Our writers need to be creative, able to deal with sensitive interviews, write clean copy under pressure, to deadline, and often need to source case studies to fit around campaigns. You would be based in our Bristol office.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Writing articles for clients on a variety of topics, for use in print and digital native.
- Conducting interviews for case study articles either by phone or in person.
- Working with the sales team and clients, providing guidance on developing the right content to meet client objectives and our readers
- Uploading articles to our digital titles via CMS, and adapt print articles to work for an online platform.
- Managing campaigns, including arranging sign off with clients, organising and keeping track of different aspects of the campaign, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Writing engaging social posts to promote online articles, making sure the copy is representative of a title's voice.
- Developing content ideas for campaign pitches.
- Attend sponsored events as a brand ambassador
- The above list has been prepared as a guide and is not exhaustive.
The Ideal Candidate
- An adaptable writing style with the ability to write on a range of topics.
- Good research skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation and time management.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Knowledge of social media best practices.
- SEO knowledge for creating online articles.
- Photoshop skills for simple image editing and advantage.
- Previous experience of using a complex CMS.
- Previous interview experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Clean driving licence is essential.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.