Transport Planner GBPNegotiable (DOE) Full Time, Permanent position
Your new role
Due to expansion and growth my client current requires a Transport Planner. The successful candidate will come from a similar background; planning driver's routes to ensure all orders are delivered in full and on time. Working very closely with internal departments, heavily involved in dealing with the customer and drivers on a daily basis.
Efficient use of vehicles and drivers, a cost-saving mentality and continuous improvement of customer service are all key parts of the role. In addition, excellent communication skills are essential when dealing with all departments.
Key Duties Include;
- To plan all operational activities within area of control on time and in the most cost effective manner. Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and internal customers ensuring excellent operational performance.
- You will be responsible for giving effective and clear instructions using excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, in a professional manner to all internal and external contacts/personnel.
- Plan, book, record and confirm all appropriate transport arrangements.
- Operate the computer traffic system ensuring accurate data input, regularly checking and updating confirmations, transactions and orders.
- Liaise with drivers, supplying them with clear and detailed instructions by telephone, text or printed transport delivery notes.
- Assume responsibility for any consignment issues within the transport office, reporting these to the Transport Manager and effectively handling any queries.
- Provide calculations regarding sales and job costs in accordance with internal procedures. Responsible for issuing rate confirmations as and where necessary and recording these agreements.
- Assume responsibility for all associated administration as and when required within the planning role.
- Arrange additional resource or alternative options to effectively cover all operational activity.
- Ensure planning carried out in the most efficient and cost effective way to achieve optimum margin potential.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in a similar role, planning and routing drivers UK wide
- Comprehensive knowledge of transport legislation
- Excellent geographical knowledge of UK
- Proactive and forward thinking
- KPI & Deadline driven
- Excellent Team Player
- Experience in working in a highly pressure & fast paced environment
- Looking at actively reducing running cost
- Knowledge of tachograph and WTD legislation.
- Knowledge of High Consequence/value dangerous goods and loads.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary - depending on expereince
Fully company benefits package
Monday - Friday, with 1 Saturday (AM) every 5 weeks
Free, onsite parking
Opportunities for development and training
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.